What music do you work out to?

Options
I know this has been asked before and the "simple" thing to do would be to search the forums. but 1) I am not a simple kind of person. 2) there are new people joining every day, and 3) music changes all the time...soooooo

What do you listen to while working out?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Upbeat stuff - Nickelback, Daughtry, Linkin Park (I run to this), Kid Rock, and recently I added some Jason Aldean. I don't want any slow songs or I just naturally slow down. lol
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    30 Seconds to Mars radio on Pandora
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I found that music doesn't help me focus because I just tune it out so I've started listening to audio books. So far the ones i've enjoyed best are the urban fantasy ones. Right now I'm listening to one called Hexed which is fantastic. Great voice and not a bad reader. I try to listen to somewhat fluffy books so if i tune out for a minute it doesn't matter.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Disturbed, Skillet, Powerman 5000, Killswitch Engage, Sick Puppies, Megadeth, Atreyu, etc....
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I like to pull out certain songs from the local rock/pop station. I like some Katy Perry, Fall Out Boys, and Shakira. I also like some old R & B music, like Real McCoy, SNAP!, and Ace of Base. Since I am an old Fogey I still like some Led Zeppelin, Duran Duran, and Pat Benatar. When I used to run, I liked songs that mentioned running in them. I have this weird mix on my iPod and update it all the time.

Good topic. I need some new ideas.

Oh BTW there is a new song I like that is something like "Keep running away" or something like that. If anyone knows the name of the song I am talking about I would love to download it from iTunes. Running is used in the refrain, but may not be in the title.
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin, Curtis Mayfield, Candi Staton, Mary j.Blige, Bobby Womack, The O'jays, Jocelyn Brown, Jay Blackfoot , Patrice Rushen, Phyliss Hyman
    too name a few!
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I added a bunch of Johnny Cash and Guy Lombardo to my play list this morning -- got keep switching it up. That ole big band music has a strong beat -- so its easy to get in a groove on the workout machines. :smooched:
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    Can yall name specific songs, please? Many of these bands i have never heard of and wouldnt know where to even begin with them!!!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora on my phone when walking.. usually either the Muse, Oasis or Alternative stations because those are good for exercising. To find new songs, you can open up Pandora on your browser, make a station of someone you like and see what they give you. After an hour or so you will find tons of good ones.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I've been loving early 80s - early 90s Madonna lately! "Express Yourself" is my fave when I'm running on the treadmill!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Can yall name specific songs, please? Many of these bands i have never heard of and wouldnt know where to even begin with them!!!

These are all rock/metal if you're into that. Some of my fave songs are....

Disturbed - Indestructible
    Stricken
    Down with the Sickness

Powerman 5000 - Show Me What You've Got
    Bombshell
    Ultra Mega
    World's Collide

Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns

Skillet - Monster
  • zombierockstar69
    Options
    When I'm doing cardio I love Dethklok, Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, Daft Punk, Murderdolls, Combichrist or music from the Rocky soundtracks (lol it's corny I know but I like that motivational music).
    Weight Training I like Eminem, the Bravery, She Wants Revenge, Puscifier, Black Light Burns, Cradle of Filth (Thornography), and Evanescence.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the songs I've been working out to lately (all really upbeat songs, a lot of hip hop and dance music, which I NEED while I'm working out!):

Sean Paul - "Straight Up", "Press It Up", "Temperature"
    Kevin Lyttle - "Turn Me On (Remix)"
    Flo Rida - "In The Ayer"
    David Guetta - "On The Dancefloor"
    Afrojack - "Take Over Control (Extended)"
    Beenie Man - "Miss LAP"
  • Akiyah
    Akiyah Posts: 57
    Options
    I listen to Lady Gaga "Poker Face" and Bad Romance", Kid Rock "All Summer Long" , Beyonce "Sweet Dreams" and so much more!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    When I'm working out 'cause I'm grumpy, I listen to Linkin Park.

Other times, I listen to old school hip hop like Living Legends (the less depressing songs), Freestyle Fellowship, and People Under the Stairs. Acid Raindrops is a really awesome song 'cause it helps me pace my breath and movement while running.

The Gorillaz are awesome, especially the more rap-y songs, like Clint Eastwood or Stylo.

Of course, Lady Gaga. Maroon 5. Katy Perry.

Dubstep is really good...Bassnectar, Deadmau5 featuring Sofi, and any Skrillex remixes.

The song I have quoted in my signature, Rise, by Origa,is excellent for motivation, as is Ready, Steady, Go! by L-arc-en-ciel.

So, yeah, that and more.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options

I listen to Jimmy Buffett! Almost every song has a really upbeat rythm and most are funny and great to sing along with. Laughing, singing and working out all at once adds a whole new level of challenge!!! I'll make a list of really good ones for you!
    What kind of music do you usually listen to?
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I listen to Pandora on my phone when walking.. usually either the Muse, Oasis or Alternative stations because those are good for exercising. To find new songs, you can open up Pandora on your browser, make a station of someone you like and see what they give you. After an hour or so you will find tons of good ones.

You can try Jango too. It's like Pandora but more customizable. Create your own stations, pick individual songs or groups, and of course it plays things in the same genre but you can say "I don't like that, don't play it again!" or "I love it, play it more often"