Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution 2016

Options

Replies

• amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @108victorian I'm right there with you. I got a cold that just kicked my bum. Glad you are feeling better.
    I will be finishing week 4 starting Monday. I will be happy to get rid of cardio 1.
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thank you @amandabullock120, right back at ya. Let's all just keep singing the cliche, "fall down 7 times, get up 8."
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    lalajka wrote: »
    I was sick for a few days too and then I went away for the weekend. I didn't repeat any weeks, just started the workouts where I left off so I'm about a week behind on my plan. I'm on week 4 now and can't wait to see what cardio 2 looks like. I don't really like cardio 1. Is cardio 2 a lot harder?

It's a little harder. I like cardio 1 better.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Workout 5 today and 6 tomorrow to get me back on schedule. Had friends over for dinner and ate over my calories. Will have to do extra cardio tomorrow
  • KudraM
    Options
    Finished and starting all over again. Finally, I no longer have to stop the videos and catch my breath!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    started phase 2 yesterday...my shoulders and triceps are killing me!this must be working ;)
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @KudraM now I'm a little scared of c2 :). It's a good thing I still have a few days before it kills me.

I just finished phase 1 doing the last c1 and it completely destroyed me! I do these workouts in a small gym in my apartment building which is almost always empty and I like that. But today, in the middle of the first running man, 4 guys came in. Now, I don't know about you, but when I have an audience I really push myself and give it my all so I don't look like a panzy :). Holy *kitten*, I almost died! My hrm was thru the roof! I didn't even know I had it in me. Maybe I should do this in front of other people more often, might get crazy results...
  • KudraM
    Options
    lalajka wrote: »
    @KudraM now I'm a little scared of c2 :). It's a good thing I still have a few days before it kills me.

I just finished phase 1 doing the last c1 and it completely destroyed me! I do these workouts in a small gym in my apartment building which is almost always empty and I like that. But today, in the middle of the first running man, 4 guys came in. Now, I don't know about you, but when I have an audience I really push myself and give it my all so I don't look like a panzy :). Holy *kitten*, I almost died! My hrm was thru the roof! I didn't even know I had it in me. Maybe I should do this in front of other people more often, might get crazy results...

Ikwum haha. I always ramp it up a bit when hubby suddenly walks in xD. Enjoy c2 :)
  • hmrey76
    Options
    [quote=. I always ramp it up a bit when hubby suddenly walks in xD. Enjoy c2 :)[/quote] haha me too!

Survived cardio 2 last night...definitely a bump up from 1. I like that the intervals are only 30 seconds vs the 60 of C1. I love when she says "you can do anything for 30 seconds" right as you are about to die. haha
  • sallymason88
    sallymason88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am finally back on track after illness, i am just completing week 4 finally. anyone else have problems with that step through into cobra move (think its cobra.. you get into plank , swing leg through to hands then arms in the air ) i just cant do it, so i tend to plank for the 30 seconds.... any tips.
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am finally back on track after illness, i am just completing week 4 finally. anyone else have problems with that step through into cobra move (think its cobra.. you get into plank , swing leg through to hands then arms in the air ) i just cant do it, so i tend to plank for the 30 seconds.... any tips.
    I have trouble with this move too. I swing my leg through and then stay there without raising my arms. The next step will be to place my hands on my knee then once I'm steady there I'll move on to raising arms up. Good luck to us!
  • hmrey76
    Options

i had problems going back to plank. I found that one i raise my arms up I needed to lower them by going into a "T" position and then down. No idea why it helped me but it may help you too. :)

I am midway through week 5 and am starting to see results! :)
  • amandabullock120
    Options
    I have not been so JMBR committed the last 2-3 weeks. I got super sick, and school has been demanding. I stopped on week 3 of phase 1. I picked up where I left off, but somehow feel like I'm cheating because I missed about 2-3 weeks of working out.. There is a part of me that wants to start back from square one.. :neutral: but I will be glad to get rid of workout 3 and cardio 1. What are everyones thoughts on this? pick up where I left off even though its been weeks or start over?

• hmrey76
    Options
    That had happened to me before the holidays. I ended up starting over and I'm glad I did. :)

One day at a time.
  • impsmama
    impsmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just found this forum, I was looking for motivation with JMBR! I started in January, got three weeks in, and got sick. I fell off the exercise bandwagon after that, and am struggling to get back on.

I only have ~15-20 lbs to lose, but I had two orthopedic surgeries last year (hip--successful, foot--not as successful unfortunately) and am still dealing with significant foot pain; so everything has to be low impact. It's been really frustrating because I've had over a year being "sedentary" after previously being active and now everything hurts when I try to exercise--not the normal "muscle soreness", but joint pain, back pain, etc. I'm trying to ease back in and thought JMBR starts off pretty basic. Anyone have any thoughts on how much jumping is in later workouts? I'm comfortable modifying to low impact, but still want a good workout.

Starting over with workout 1 today!
  • sallymason88
    Options
    I have not been so JMBR committed the last 2-3 weeks. I got super sick, and school has been demanding. I stopped on week 3 of phase 1. I picked up where I left off, but somehow feel like I'm cheating because I missed about 2-3 weeks of working out.. There is a part of me that wants to start back from square one.. :neutral: but I will be glad to get rid of workout 3 and cardio 1. What are everyones thoughts on this? pick up where I left off even though its been weeks or start over?

I think it depends how fit you were when you started. I think if you were reasonably fit, you can pick up where you left off after 3 weeks of being ill. This is what I did, I had 2 weeks off with illness, had got as far as week 4. So when I was well enough, I picked up week 4 again this week, and found it to be ok. If you started from scratch with not so much fitness, not walking etc. I would start again. It wont hurt.
  • sallymason88
    Options
    we all seem to have become ill in week 3 :)
  • amandabullock120
    Options
    Well, I did workout 1 yesterday and it was hard. I may start from the beginning. It does seem that everyone has been getting sick.

@impsmama Welcome!! I would say there is a lot more jumping around the further you get into the programme, but you could easily modify the moves.
  • sallymason88
    Options
    just in from a night shift. It is snowing in the UK. Just going to sleep, then start week 5 finally after illness. Hoping to keep going now until week 12. Cant decide whether to do Body Shred or T25 next. I have never done T25, despite having the dvd's for a couple of years. Body Shred has not been out long in the UK. I have watched the workouts on youtube. It does seem harder than BR though.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @sallymason88 I just started week 5 today after being sick and then away for the weekend. I hope to finish it without any more interruptions, too.

Today was not fun though! I was having trouble with my tablet and the video was slowed down a little bit. So instead of 37 minutes of workout 5 the video lasted 53 minutes! But I got through it somehow, with a few breathers. Didn't really like it, there's a lot of crescent poses and a crazy amount of tricep exercises. It's definitely phase two, that's for sure! I'm dreading tomorrow's workout 6...