quest Protein Powder-Yummy

I found individual packages of Quest Protein Powder at Wegman's for $1.00 a pack so I picked up a few to try. So far the chocolate is super yummy!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    It's the only one I eat now. I buy it on sale though. But it's delicious in oatmeal and yogurt, as it thickens it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    That's a REALLY good price!

I'm still making my way through the tubs of chocolate (definite favorite) and peanut butter but want to try the cookies and cream and banana.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Quest chocolate and the peanut butter flavour are the best tasting protein powders I've tried
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    I got a tub of chocolate on sale at GNC.

I love it with an ounce of heavy cream, 6oz or so of water, and 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen raspberries. It's like drinking dessert for lunch!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I used to swear by Quest protein, but ever since I tried PEScience, I just cant go back.. there are plenty of 30%off codes floating around to cut the price down as they are def on the pricy side. I think its so worth it tho.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    I don't understand the protein powder craze. There is great protein in food. Is it to build muscle? Exercise can do that. Is it a meal replacement? I really don't understand.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    I don't understand the protein powder craze. There is great protein in food. Is it to build muscle? Exercise can do that. Is it a meal replacement? I really don't understand.

I make a smoothie everyday for lunch. I use it because it's quick, easy and it tastes great!
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member

Whey protein and other types of protein powder (egg, casein etc.) are definitely useful additions to a well rounded muscle building or fat burning diet. It's a very high quality form of protein, it's fast and easy to consume, and it's very versatile and can be used for an endless number of different shakes and recipes.

And although whey, egg and casein are all very high quality forms of protein, they certainly are not mandatory and you can still gain muscle at your maximum potential without them.

The main benefit to protein powder is its convenience. If you're on a higher calorie diet then supplementing with a protein powder will help you meet your daily needs in a more streamlined and efficient manner. But they are not necessary.

If you can meet your daily protein needs through whole foods only (such as chicken, lean red meat, eggs, seafood etc.) and would prefer that option, go right ahead. It's really up to you and just depends on what is easiest for you, what you prefer in terms of taste and how your daily schedule is laid out. As long as you're consuming a mix of high quality proteins throughout the day you'll easily be receiving all of the amino acids needed to optimize growth.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

It's a low calorie option for people with a sweet tooth. At least that's my excuse.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    That's it. I have to make a run to Wegmans.

It almost odd how good Quest tastes. A little thick but I only use it half a serving at the time. It has taken my oatmeal to whole new level.
  • cryptobrit
    cryptobrit Posts: 200 Member

I am 4 weeks into using MFP and had always assumed protein powders and bars were for Arnie types :p . I then found out from my macros that I was not eating enough protein in general. As I am a small eater it is a struggle to eat loads of protein the conventional ways. This is especially true when being the kind of person who likes some carbs to feel 'full'. I do not use mine all the time, just when towards the end of the day when I realise I am still quite low but don't feel like steaming fish or whatever just to get it down. However, having a small shake using half the amount of water recommended if I don't want a big drink, and a low fat whey powder brings the protein level up at no big cost (other than my purse!). I use PHD diet whey. I have been trying other single bars and small size powders out when I see them so I don't end up with flavours I can't stand. Some have been on the sickly side or a glorified confectionery bar. With the PHD bars, because they are more like a nougat, I cut them into small squares and eat if I need a chocolate fix.

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member

I don't naturally choose protein rich foods. This is an easy way for me to get protein. And, I like smoothies. I put berries in them and share with my son and he gets some fruit, too.

They aren't for everyone.