Pre-workout recommendation??

Options
So, I love going to the gym, but I have a hard time getting there sometimes because I am just so exhausted after work!! Any suggestions for a good pre-workout?!?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    In before "banana and coffee".

I use MuscleTech Shatter and like it a lot. It's a bit stronger than C4, but if it's your first pre-workout C4 is good.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    So, I love going to the gym, but I have a hard time getting there sometimes because I am just so exhausted after work!! Any suggestions for a good pre-workout?!?

Address the root causes poor sleep and or diet
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is the best pre-workout. Beta Alanine is supposed to have some positives as well, but that's more tenuous plus it can freak people out due to feeling tingly after taking it.

But really, all of these your body gets used to and aren't effective long-term.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Small cup of coffee helps me when I'm tired!
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Muscletech shatter is great (I use their black onyx but the regular one is good too). You will get tons of people that say not to take a preworkout, to me it's all a matter of opinion. I know I could go to the gym without one and do fine, but if I can find something that pushes me harder I'll do it, and that's just what shatter does. I've tried a few others that make me feel like crap and get flush, never have had that problem with shatter, it's a clean but aggressive motivator.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of C4. But I also have chronic fatigue from fribo so no amount of sleep or tweak in diet is gonna help that. I feel you on needing a little something extra to get it done.
    Good luck!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Muscletech shatter is great (I use their black onyx but the regular one is good too). You will get tons of people that say not to take a preworkout, to me it's all a matter of opinion. I know I could go to the gym without one and do fine, but if I can find something that pushes me harder I'll do it, and that's just what shatter does. I've tried a few others that make me feel like crap and get flush, never have had that problem with shatter, it's a clean but aggressive motivator.

Yep, love this one. Haven't tried the black onyx. How does it compare?
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout (watermelon flavor is yummy)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    banana and a cup of coffee
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Just pure caffiene pills would be you best bet, way safer than pre workouts, i once took 2 scoops of jacked 3d and everything from my eyes to my nipples was burning and itching. In all serious though, caffiene, creatine monohydrate and a banana or some gatorade thats what i do mostly. Plus pre workouts are usually way over priced for what they actually are.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    ABB Speedstack. However, be warned: It contains a substance that is banned in most athletic leagues (Synephrine, aka bitter orange).
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yep, love this one. Haven't tried the black onyx. How does it compare?

In all honesty I should have been more clear, I haven't tried the regular sx-7 shatter, I have tried the sx-7 hydroxycut which I've been told is very very similar to shatter, and it gave me almost as much of a boost as the black onyx shatter does, I don't feel like it lasts quite as long as the black onyx thou. After this can runs out I'm going to try black onyx hydroxycut because I do miss the meal suppressant in hydroxycut, but that's a whole new thread.
  • arditarose
    Options
    banana and a cup of coffee

Lolz
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the info!!! Going to try to get it right this week...