Mad at myself

I went on vacation to Disney world last week. I ate right, only water and no soda(one day I did have a green tea) I skipped dessert and walked my bum off, some days I even met my goal times 3over. I was excited to weigh myself when I got home only to discover I had only lost 1lb in 2weeks. So today I ordered a hoagie and fries and haven't moved out of bed. I know its the wrong attitude but I couldn't help it. How do people stay focused when things like this happen?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Food at amusement parks and such tend to have tons of sodium. Plus traveling makes people retain water.

Between both of those, your "true" weight is probably being masked by water weight.

You have to look at the long term. And if you know you did everything right and the scale is ignoring you, that's OK. Keep on going and the results will come.

Dust yourself off and get back to it tomorrow.

:)

~Lyssa
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited February 2016
    Alalai wrote: »
    I went on vacation to Disney world last week. I ate right, only water and no soda(one day I did have a green tea) I skipped dessert and walked my bum off, some days I even met my goal times 3over. I was excited to weigh myself when I got home only to discover I had only lost 1lb in 2weeks. So today I ordered a hoagie and fries and haven't moved out of bed. I know its the wrong attitude but I couldn't help it. How do people stay focused when things like this happen?

You went on vacation to Disney.....if it was me I would have gained 5 pounds. Vacations are fun.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Cry me a river! Get back to logging , you will be fine!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    You came back from vacation with a loss. To me, that's a win right there!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Yeah, if I came back with a loss I'd be thrilled. I'm going in May, will eat all the foodz and drink all the drinkz (although not so much soda because it's not my jam) and fully expect to gain!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    PS. So excited for my first Dole Whip, totally forgot to get one last time.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Wow, I'd say you're being way too hard on yourself! Losing weight when on vacation is something many people can't imagine lol. For many, including myself one of the joys of vacation is enjoying new foods.

Chin up. Vacation is something to be happy about, the memories last a lifetime <3
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Maybe next time enjoy your vacation.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    To maintain or even lose one pound while on vacation is great! Why would you want to set yourself back with hoagie, fries, and bed? Just keep on doing what you've been doing all along.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    You need to lighten up with yourself and realize that you are doing fine- this is not a sprint but for life- you lost on vacation- you put in the dues - so keep your chin up!Do NOT let the scale devalue you! there are other things to go by- how do you feel/ how do your clothes fit etc
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    I went on a 7 day cruise, minded my portions and exercised. I came back 7 pounds heavier. I was OK with this. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing. :)
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You came back from vacation with a loss. To me, that's a win right there!

^^this

You were in the "Land of Dole Whip" and came back with a loss.
  • Alalai
    Alalai Posts: 16 Member
    I really did enjoy my vacation, and I enjoyed eating healthy the whole time and not craving to pig out. I was just excited because I really thought since I did everything right and walked more then I have ever walked before I was gonna get in the scale and see like 5lbsgone lol. But you're right I'm should be happy with any lose, and I am happy.
    P.S. the dole whip was delicious
  • sarahq81
    sarahq81 Posts: 35 Member
    I normally come back from holiday with a double chin! I think you did really well! Probably a few treats did slip in but clearly you more than made up for it
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You will be ok. Keep following the plan and be patient :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Hoagie and fries sounds like a pretty cool meal. I'm guessing in your case maybe a tad high in calories?? Even then depending on what you had the rest of the day, I don't see this as some mortal sin you've committed by having a sandwich and fries
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    No need to mad or depressed. I consider not gaining a plus when on vacation and you still lost. Stay focus and remember vacations are a well needed break from life.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    You're lucky I just got back from a week away and I've gained 5lbs....feel ashamed but had a great time. ....start again time! !
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    First of all....jelly!!! I haven't been in forever! Second, congrats on a loss after that vacay! That is amazing! You keep at it and I bet your body will adjust. Give it about two weeks or so you might see a bigger loss. Don't give up on yourself! ::hugs::
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    you went on vacation and are upset you *only* lost a pound?

mmmmk.