Can't do the boring food

Options
13»

Replies

• elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ugh, Stop torturing yourself! The only thing that is REALLY going to make a difference to your weight is how many calories you consume per day. Outside of getting enough protein to maintain the amount of muscle you already have(or enough to help you gain more if thats part of your goal), it doesn't matter where your calories come from or how you space them out during the day. 6 meals a day would make me want to shoot myself in the face. When you have to divide your calorie allowance by 6, that only gives you 200-250 calories per "meal". I'm confident in saying, I can't think of a single 250 calorie "meal" that I would find satisfying OR appealing, and eating all day like that makes you hungrier overall. I've seen multiple people mention that eating breakfast sets thm up for failure cause it makes them hungrier, but if they don't eat till later in the day, they're able to stay on target and not be hungry. I personally prefer to stick to a couple really tastey 400-600 calorie meals and then use the rest of my calories for snacks. Today I had a pretty generous serving of 4 cheese rotini alfredo with baked chicken breast for under 600 calories! People can claim that all kinds of things are the "best" and "fastest" ways to lose weight, but the only diet that will really work, is one that you can actually stick to!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 30-40 minutes of exercise. In fact it sounds really good for someone pretty much just getting back into the gym. Please adjust your expectations where necessary. And I don't believe in weight loss deadlines, either. With your exercise and reduced calories, I suspect you'll be looking good at that cruise regardless!
  • caitlinvoland
    caitlinvoland Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @seltzermint555 everyone has different goals. I'm glad you lost the weight you wanted and your time frame was longer that's fine.

BUT, losing the weight for this cruise is very important to ME. I don't see anything wrong with that.

And as an update I started at 212 in mid January and today I am at 205.2. I did stop the meal plan and I'm just eating the recommending MFP calories or less and continuing my 30 minute exercising (running, walking, elliptical, weights)