Sweating for my July Wedding!!

Options
Hello, back to mfp for a second time. Lost 35 lbs about 2 years ago, but gained most of it back after quitting smoking and going back to old habits. So here I am once more, ready to drop that weight again, plus more hopefully!! Currently around 230 lbs, and eventually hoping for a goal weight of 160.. But my first goal is my wedding.. I am getting married mid July and have bought a beautiful mermaid style dress that I need to look great in :) Looking for some friends with similar goals to help with accountability, which will be returned :) So feel free to add me!! happy new year, and good luck with your goals!!

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey! I love having other bride friends on MFP, I'm getting married in September! I lost 30 pounds about a year ago and then I gained a bunch back from quitting smoking, too! We're like the same person! I'm going to send you a request :]
  • catemc337
    catemc337 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm aiming to fit into a wedding dress to! It's ace to have something to aim for :) x
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    My wedding isn't for a while yet, we've only just started planning. But I have 130 lbs to lose to reach my 120lb goal.
    Add me if you'd like so do some challenges :)
  • BecomingBridal
    BecomingBridal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for accountability!! I have a wedding in July. :) Congratz!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Wise words from an old lady.. lol I have a great mantra saying for you all.
    Losing weight isn't the key to happiness, happiness is the key to losing weight.
    So congrats to your upcoming wedding :-) That in itself is stressful, then piling on the urge to lose weight to fit into set designated dress EEK. I commend all of you and yep its a great goal. But the goal is to have a successful wedding, not lose the weight. Be happy in your gorgeous selves now. If you lose weight, awesome, but don't make that the ultimate goal. Take this little tidbit of info from a lady that has been married for 31 years... (mentally doing the happy dance) :-)
  • HannahAldo
    HannahAldo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married too next year & would love to have friends here with the same motivation! Anyone feel free to add me :smile: xx
  • Love_April
    Love_April Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 226 punts trying to get down to 130. In getting married in June and hoping to lose 50 pounds by then!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You're all starting nice and early! I'm getting married in 5 weeks (hooray!) and I just got back on the wagon last weekend. Good luck to everyone who's setting goals for their wedding... just don't be too rough on yourself, you want to enjoy the process.
  • amanda37221
    amanda37221 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

My wedding is in May! Already lost 6 lbs but still have 15 more to go!! Would love some encouragement also along the way also!!!
  • yvetty79
    yvetty79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married in July and just picked my dress. I'm starting around the 230 mark and have an end goal of 155-160. But main goal now is to look amazing in my wedding dress. I will defiantly need someone who understands for motivation. Please add me anyone who can help keep my butt in gear
  • samthal18
    samthal18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married early July and need to lose a couple of inches off my waist to fit into my wedding dress. I put on a stone after the engagement and on holiday so have about 20lbs I'd like to lose. I have my final medical exams coming up and 6 weeks abroad so I'm worried about achieving and maintaining my goals. Would be great to have support from fellow brides to be xx
  • lagourmande18
    lagourmande18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    samthal18 wrote: »
    I'm getting married early July and need to lose a couple of inches off my waist to fit into my wedding dress. I put on a stone after the engagement and on holiday so have about 20lbs I'd like to lose. I have my final medical exams coming up and 6 weeks abroad so I'm worried about achieving and maintaining my goals. Would be great to have support from fellow brides to be xx

I started to laugh when I read this because this is exactly my situation! I'm getting married in August and I need to lose a few inches off my waist and hips too to fit into my wedding dress. I also put up some weight over the holidays and after the engagement. The holidays are a nightmare! But I put up a stone mostly after starting med school, then I lose it, but then things get hectic and everything falls by the wayside! So I definitely get where you're coming from! I'm in 3rd year, not my finals, but I completely understand your worries!