Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PS Helen Mirren
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I'll be 36 on Tuesday (I also have 2 kids). I'm in the best shape of my life. I lift heavy and eat closer to 2200 calories a day. The creepers at the gym seem to think I am hot now...imagine how hot I will be in 4 years.
  • cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have 2 children as well. I have a family vacation planned for this July and right now that is my goal to work towards. I know miracles aren't going to happen between now and then, but I want to feel better about myself before then. after that I want to continue to improve and work towards a better me!!!!

I really love doing the weights at the gym. Makes me feel strong. I have been trying to stay off the scales because they are a big downer for me.

Thanks for all the great replies. Keep the motivation coming!!!!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 next month. Believe me, I'm trying!!!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    42 year old mom of 2 here. I lost about 10/15 lbs a few years ago and have kept it off ever since. I was never overweight, but just wanted to feel better and look better. I try to do some type of cardio mixed with weights 3 to 4 times a week and maintain at around 1800 calories. I love to cook, so that helps with knowing what is in the foods we eat and keeping them pretty healthy with an occasional splurge here and there. (like today being Super Bowl Sunday :smiley: )
    You can do it! :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady...but I'm 41 and have a pretty rockin' body after dumping about 40 Lbs a few years ago.
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I was having trouble losing weight at 1200 cals. So I upped it to 1500 and increased my exercise. I started losing faster. I am 43
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I feel I look good and I'm told I look good so I'd have to believe that I do. So yes it is entirely possible
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It is possible. It just takes determination and dedication to achieve your own version of a hot bod.

This is the one I like....

An obvious before and after.

mg0fh0vv9m1l.jpg

And dressed for fun.

uly96bwzfpu2.jpg

I will probably never have a 6 pack, not a goal. But I do enjoy extremely good health, and a fitness level above most of my peers IRL.
    You make your body to please you. Mine pleases me.

Cheers, h.

Those dresses on you!!! Incredible. #LifeGoals

I have seen many women on here with incredible bodies at 40+ years of age. Definitely check out the Success Stories forum for inspiration.
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    I'm 46, a month away from 47. I feel like I have a hot bod! How you feel is a big part of being sexy-confidence. A year ago I did not have it. I lift heavy 4x/wk (I started with Stronglifts & that was 3x), eat 250-500 calories less than TDEE. I'm 5'2" & went from 137 (Jan. 2015) to 117 now.

There is nothing better than a woman 40+ who thinks she has a hot bod! Fantastic!
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I wish i could find her name but yesterday i saw this lady on instagram who was 46 and overweight turn herself into someone who does body building competitions at 50+ it can be done!!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I plugged in "Any" on all the fields except age which is 35-44. There's a lot of women with hot bodies in that age group.

mybodygallery.com/search.html?gender=female&height=any&age=40&weight=any&pantSize=any&shirtSize=any&bodytype=
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I think/hope it can be done, I'm trying to get there myself! BTW I'm 45.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm about to turn 42 and I'm in the best shape of my life! Well, I was a few months ago. I've been nursing a broken wrist since September, so I haven't been able to lift, but I will get back there soon!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    She's 75 and still turning heads.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2tN6w1rUw
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hot bod at 40+...well, that's my goal! A couple more months to go...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    PS Helen Mirren

PS more Dame Judi. Whom I love too. h.
  • Clare_L_Black
    Clare_L_Black Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number I'm 40 and looking to get lean this year, I lost 4kg in the past month eating clean and training weights.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and been lifting a year. The scales haven't shown any weight loss but then at 5'10 and 68kg I didn't really want to loose much more. But I have seen great recomp and can't wait to see what will happen in the next few months. Hubby tells me I have a hot body but I don't think it's quite there yet.