When will my weight go down

Options
I currently weigh 179 pounds. I've been actively consuming below calories for past 5 days. I also started doing cardio for 1 hour daily. I have accumulated this fat for past many years. I daily weigh myself. But my weight won't go down. When can I expect this to go down if I continue like this. Please help! Thanks!!!

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    It takes longer than a week to see results. Keep doing what you're doing, if you're truly below calorie limit then you will lose. Patience is your best friend. For some people it takes a couple weeks for others it takes longer. Just roll with it.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 179 pounds. I've been actively consuming below calories for past 5 days. I also started doing cardio for 1 hour daily. I have accumulated this fat for past many years. I daily weigh myself. But my weight won't go down. When can I expect this to go down if I continue like this. Please help! Thanks!!!

No one can answer ur question without really knowing:

1.Your height
    2.Your daily calorie intake

Weightloss depends on a number of factors, how much you have to lose is the biggest factor most of the time.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're most likely retaining water from starting to exercise, so give your body some time to recover
  • lucybarry2
    lucybarry2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also suggest only weighing yourself once a week! Maximum! You will also build up muscle with exercise. Maybe take measurements off your waist, legs and hips and you might notice inches faster then pounds. But like someone else said it could be water retention and in a few weeks completely drop off, stay motivated - good luck
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an undiagnosed medical issue your weight should be going down IF you are consistent in reduction of calories.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Five days?!?!?! Seriously?!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    lucybarry2 wrote: »
    I also suggest only weighing yourself once a week! Maximum! You will also build up muscle with exercise. Maybe take measurements off your waist, legs and hips and you might notice inches faster then pounds. But like someone else said it could be water retention and in a few weeks completely drop off, stay motivated - good luck
    Not in a calorie deficit they won't.

OP, your only 5 days in. Give it some time to work. Start off by reading the beginner threads so help with your knowledge of how weight loss really works.

Good luck
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Insufficient data. Specify age, height, % Body Fat, Goal, and current caloric intake/macros....
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lucybarry2 wrote: »
    You will also build up muscle with exercise.

not in a deficit you won't.

cause... science.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Give it longer than 5 days. Weight fluctuates and it takes a few weeks to see a consistent downward trend. Keep going. Give yourself a month before you have any expectations. If you stay consistent, at the end of a month you should see some changes.

I'm 3 weeks in and finally seeing that is is consistently lower than when I started. Not by much, it still fluctuates, and my loss is slow.

If you have to weigh daily, consider using TrendWeight. It's been really good for me. Otherwise, only weigh once a week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's only been 5 days
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    You need way more than 5 days. Patience!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Did it take you 5 days to put on that weight?
  • emmas434
    emmas434 Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've been actively consuming below calories for past 5 days.

You are like me, I weighed myself almost everyday when I started, and I still have the temptation to do it now and I'm over a month into this!

You might find it easier to set a morning/day a week where you weigh yourself, although be aware sometimes your body has natural fluctuations. I've also begun taking my measurements, so sometimes where there's no loss on the scale, you may have lost an inch somewhere!

Be sure to vary your workouts as well, cardio is great, but make sure to get some strength training in there too!