Lunch and Dinner

Options
I've been eating homemade chicken salads, pinto beans, rice and some chicken (not all for lunch but mix it up) and drinking bottled water and stopped eating fastfood for this diet. But can i eat some subway? Or what do y'all suggest.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you like Subway? Does it fit in your calories? Does it fit in with your other goals? If yes, then eat it. If not, then don't.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly fine to drink water from the tap. Bottled water is handy sometimes but it is not more special than tap water.
    It is o.k. to eat at Subway and other places. Choose whatever you like. Sometimes, I look for options with a good amount of protein.
    http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No, you must never eat Subway, ever again. In fact, scrub off all burgers, pizzas and anything that is considered unhealthy by the PC brigade..... ;-)

Having said that, I went to Subway once and saw some radioactive green colour on some beef which was brushed off by the 'sandwich artist' as 'absolutely fine'.....
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I like getting subway since I can really load up on veg. I don't get cheese on my subs since by the time I'm done asking for lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, spinach, jalepeno, (and I'm not shy about asking for more veggies when they are light handed with them) and their red salsa type sauce I wouldn't be able to tell cheese was on it. Why have the extra calories I can't taste. You could ask them to hollow out the bread also. Eta: I do get meat...either ham or chicken breast and every great once in awhile roast beast.

I do love cheese. Love love love it. But I only eat the calories when I can taste it.

They also have the double meat chopped salads that are awesome.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Unless You live in flint, then stick with bottled water.

You can mix up your diet a lot more than you've been doing (and should!). As long as you are coming in under cals, and reasonably close to macro goals.

Here's my logic: the way you are eating now is going to get BORING. And boring diets fail as much as hard diets do.

Yesterday I ate pizza for every single meal I had and look:qzjbr4drmasp.jpeg

I still hit my macros right on the head, and came in under cals.

So yes, eat out, buy spices, find new recipes online to try, go nuts! Just don't go over cals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating a balance diet of foods you enjoy while keeping a modest calorie deficit (if you are trying to lose weight).
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Love Subway. Go to their site and plan your sandwich. I go with it written down.
  • tappleby_14
    tappleby_14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of IIFYM? It can be confusing and hard to figure out what fits in your count at first but that really helps you to eat what you want while tracking properly!
  • ShaneGonzalez91
    ShaneGonzalez91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the advice everyone
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like, as long as you hit your macros and it fits in your calories. :)
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Footlong veggie delight at subway with no oils, dressings, or cheese is around 450 calories. I get 2 sometimes, go for it.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    No, you must never eat Subway, ever again. In fact, scrub off all burgers, pizzas and anything that is considered unhealthy by the PC brigade..... ;-)

Having said that, I went to Subway once and saw some radioactive green colour on some beef which was brushed off by the 'sandwich artist' as 'absolutely fine'.....

If it was Roast beef a lot of them have an iridescent to them. Looking green or sometimes pink. If it was steak then gross. Haha!