Stopped smoking, need something sweet

Options
juneyie2012
juneyie2012 Posts: 3 Member
Does anyone have a recipe for some easy make, low cal sweets to suck on after giving up smoking please. Thanks

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sugar free/ fat free jello
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Sugar free lozenges or candy.
    I like those werther's sugar free candies. Ran out and even went for honey cough lozenges.
    Don't make them. Easy enough just to buy stuff.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    sugar free gum
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Second the sugar free werther candies.
  • EastSideJohnny
    EastSideJohnny Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal with a big handful of raspberries. 204 calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Jolly Rancher. Just don't eat a lot of them. Hard candies seemed to work well for me when I quit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Low calorie Popsicles or organic hard candy.
    Good for you for quitting smoking!
    Also drink lots of water!
  • Wilsonj55
    Wilsonj55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honey sticks 20 calories.
  • luciacatz
    luciacatz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    options, or cadbury (gold label ) hotchocolates made with mainly hot water, only 65 kcal :)
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Citrus......don't know what it is...the vitamin C? But it works, gets you through the tough part of a craving. Good lluck!
  • Irish1951
    Irish1951 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try this frozen chocolate desert I found on u tube. Uses frozen banana chunks, cocoa and cover with milk and blends. Here's the link:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WSvDU4QZzJ0
  • juneyie2012
    juneyie2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't thank everyone enough, I am going to work my way through all of the ideas
  • koffeekakes
    koffeekakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 7 years smokefree on the 23rd... And I smoked a pack a day, easy! My advice would be, don't suck on hard candy--chew! Lol. Mine was a major oral fixation thing, so a friend from work suggested chewing on those plastic toothpick things. And you know what? He was right! I must've looked like an idiot always chewing on them--even at work--but they TOTALLY worked. Also worth mentioning, I went cold turkey. You can do it!! :)
  • BojiPat
    BojiPat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Grapes!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am 7 years smokefree on the 23rd... And I smoked a pack a day, easy! My advice would be, don't suck on hard candy--chew! Lol. Mine was a major oral fixation thing, so a friend from work suggested chewing on those plastic toothpick things. And you know what? He was right! I must've looked like an idiot always chewing on them--even at work--but they TOTALLY worked. Also worth mentioning, I went cold turkey. You can do it!! :)

I also went through a period where sugarless gum was a great pal of mine when I quit smoking back in 1990. and I had a 'thing' back then for sticking a pencil or pen end in my mouth ... thank goodness that habit didn't stay long, but for a while there, the ends of all my pens were chewed up.