Scared of failing again

Options
Hi all,

I'm back at it and scared that I'm going to fail again. I'm almost 40 and want to be healthier and more active but I'm lacking the motivation. I'm starting to date again and am terrified that one day I'm going to have to take my clothes off

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Failure is part of success. However, if you don't have a specific plan of action, then chances are you will fail faster than intended.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10305529/new-years-resolution-have-a-plan-of-action-to-succeed#latest

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    Options
    Hi! We all fail, but the trick is to keep going. You'll find that you take a step back, then 2 steps forward. That kind of thing. The people here are real good at keeping you motivated. I know that someday, your going to drop those drawers, and some guy will pass out from the pleasure of seeing you.....Just keep it up
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You might fail. Or have days when it feels like you are. Just keep coming back and pushing yourself to do what you need to do. It will pay off.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You need commitment more than motivation.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Dating when you are overweight can be intimidating. That's been my experience, but it's mostly related to the things I keep telling myself. Losing weight and fear of failing at it can also be daunting. The time will pass regardless, so are you going to be healthier? I got to the point where staying at my heaviest was more uncomfortable than the fear of failing. But of luck.
  • maxigirl26
    maxigirl26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As individuals we can be our worst enemy. We speak negativity into our own lives and store in our heads all the failures and fears we have. We are human.

Use each day to do better than the day before, work on speaking positivity into your life, start by telling yourself your worth it, we all are and we are here to support you.

Good luck