New baby, need support!

Options
sarnoldm
sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi,
I've been away from mfp for a while...had a baby girl 7 weeks ago and waited until today to weigh myself...220lbs, so depressing! I need some new friends for motivation, I feel like I'm at the bottom of a Gigantic mountain. Pre baby I'd got to 175. I'm breastfeeding so feel hungry all the time! Help!!

Replies

• Butterflymoon1971
    Butterflymoon1971 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    there are exercises that you can do with your baby.. even for the years to come... it creates bonding with your child and it keeps their mind busy so they usually don't get fussy...
  • sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like that idea, thank you. I will look some up online. I have a 3 and 4 year old so it needs to fit in with them. I live right next to a big park-it's just over half a mile round and I've been fast walking round that will little one in the sling and big boys on their bikes. Twice round and it's over a mile brisk walking. It's a start! ☺️
  • Curry5687
    Curry5687 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I just had my second child seven weeks ago as well. I'm breastfeeding and I've lost a little bit of the weight but the rest is just sitting there! Time to do something about it. Let's help each other!
  • Aubrey_Montgomery
    Aubrey_Montgomery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My sons two now. But when he was new I started doing daily burn at home when he slept. That was great for me.
  • chupajen
    chupajen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad, this has to be so common. I was 180 (down from 260) when i found out i was pregs. 235 the week she was born, and only recently started working out and eating right again. There was always a reason not to get back into the routine. On the bright side, once i finally got back into the swing of things (almost 3 yrs later) i started feeling better, looking better, and have a better outlook. Kudos to you for wanting to get back into it so soon. And congrats on your baby girl.