30 LBS by June?

Options
kimreztituyo
kimreztituyo Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 186.3 pounds at 5'5, I carry my weight well (booty and thighs) but I'm obese according to my BMI (31), I want to get to 150/160 by June for a trip. :smile:

Right now I'm eating my BMR (1,700) and burning 1,000 calories a day by working out for an hour, in 3 days I can lose 1LB right?

Is there anything I can improve to lose weight quicker(by June)/does this sound like a good plan?

Replies

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    This sounds perfect. You should keep up the good work and you'll probably reach your goals with time to spare! Don't get too crazy about how many days it should take to lose weight, though - it's often not linear.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Seems possible. However, be careful about thinking you are burning 1000 calories in just 60 minutes of exercise, that must be one intense hour.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    1k in an hour.....are you sure.?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an overestimated burn to me.

Losing 30 lbs by June is a stretch. I would just log my food accurately and wherever I end up in June is where I end up. But if you're going to do it, you're going to have to be spot-on accurate with your logging. 1000 calories in an hour does not sound right.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating your calorie burn during exercise? I agree that it seems really high.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's really possible to do in a healthy, sustainable way but I'm sure you're going to try anyway. The only tip I'll give you is use a food scale to weigh/measure all food/drinks.

Just curious, what exercises are you doing that burns 1000 cals in an hour?
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    If you started right now june 1st is 16 weeks away. You can probably lose 2lbs a week pretty quickly up front but, it will slow down as you get near your goal weight. I say give it a go you can at least get 2/3
  • ScarlettBella13
    ScarlettBella13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, I think you're overestimating how many calories you're burning. That said, if you are doing a really intensive work out program you may need to eat more. I know it sounds counterintuitive but that's what worked for me. Just make sure you're eating quality calories and not junk food.

Also, try not to weigh yourself more than once a week or so. Your weight will fluctuate naturally day to day and that can be discouraging. You'll get a more accurate picture of what your body is doing by weighing less frequently.
  • kimreztituyo
    kimreztituyo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    High intensity workouts for short periods of time that add up to an hour, doing them back to back adds up to an 1,000/HR with my weight! ☺️ but alright thank you all!
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't set time-bound weight loss goals. Even if I am completely on track, my weight may not reflect that on the scale - my body does not shed weight with anything approaching mathematical precision. So I just enjoy the process and set goals regarding behaviors that I can control, which gives me the motivation I need to continue making positive healthy choices and figure the scale will catch up in its own due time. Even if it doesn't, at least I am l choosing healthy behaviors. Of course, YMMV.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    We never hear from people with your kinds of goals again...
    I could spend time questioning the premise of some of what you've said (1000 calorie burns? Day after day like a cookie cutter?) but I won't. Best of luck to you!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm 186.3 pounds at 5'5, I carry my weight well (booty and thighs) but I'm obese according to my BMI (31), I want to get to 150/160 by June for a trip. :smile:

Right now I'm eating my BMR (1,700) and burning 1,000 calories a day by working out for an hour, in 3 days I can lose 1LB right?

Is there anything I can improve to lose weight quicker(by June)/does this sound like a good plan?

I went from 265 in january to 200 a few weeks into june. So your goal is certainly reasonable. I did it by eating well, doing HIIT cardio and lifting
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Can you please clarify something as to better help. Are you saying that you aim for 1700 gross calories and try to burn off 1000 cals, for a daily net of 700 cals.

Oh, and please ignore the hilarious "lose 15 in 20 days" post above.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Discipline, discipline, discipline. Find a plan you like and STICK TO IT. You can lose 30lbs in 5 months (6lbs a month, about 1.5lbs a week) safely, but if you're not grossly overweight (and it seems like you're not), it's going to take a LOT of effort, determination, and DISCIPLINE to lose those pounds.

Definitely incorporate strength and weight training into your routine, not just cutting calories and upping your cardio. You may not lose 30lbs on the scale, but you can look like you did!
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just wanted to add this: I am the same height, and I was pretty much the same weight when I started my diet back in October (185). I am now at about 168 lbs and already feel so much better. I think focusing on getting rid of your excess weight one pound at a time would be a better mindset than focusing on losing an exact amount of weight by a certain deadline. There are more victories that way, and it's easier to focus on the positive. :smile:
  • KYOG40DAYS
    KYOG40DAYS Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think she meant 1000 calories overall in a day, aided by the hours' exercise.
  • KYOG40DAYS
    KYOG40DAYS Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    Good luck! I just wanted to add this: I am the same height, and I was pretty much the same weight when I started my diet back in October (185). I am now at about 168 lbs and already feel so much better. I think focusing on getting rid of your excess weight one pound at a time would be a better mindset than focusing on losing an exact amount of weight by a certain deadline. There are more victories that way, and it's easier to focus on the positive. :smile:

Well done! And I like the mindset!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Your body will burn fewer calories from exercise once you reach a lighter weight... So that 1000 calories per hour may devolve into 600 or 700 or whatever.