Busted

Options
I had a really good week meeting all my calorie, fat, carb and protein goals. For a early fathers day we had dinner at Tilted Kilt. (his choice) Although I only ate 1/2 of what I would have before I still busted all my goals. I was thinking about it at dinner but it really hit when I came home to log my dinner numbers.... Its 930 pm and I feel like I should go walk for a couple of miles. I feel very disappointed in myself. :cry:

Replies

• nascent
    nascent Posts: 28
    Options
    Same here, early father's day meal and we ate panda express... first time eating there while paying attention to calories and wow, that stuff is crazy!
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    drink extra water and forgot about it! Its okay every once in a while! It was for a special occasion!
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Guilt is okay (it means you are committed)....but don't beat yourself up over one meal (especially on a celebration). Dig in tomorrow, walk that extra little bit (or walk faster) and stay on track! It's all about the long haul and being on target more often than you are off the mark.

For me, Im working this hard so I can enjoy those occassions (key word being occassions)....it's no longer my every day routine, so when the 'occassion' presents itself....enjoy!

Kudos..you only ate half of what you typically would have!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Do not let this get you down. Tomorrow is a new day and you can just do great then, and be assured that you can lose the weight. We all have bad days and bad meals, but we just have to make a vow to do better the next day.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Eating out is very hard...portions are to large, calories are to high, and also sodium is through the roof!
    You have to think of it as a treat..... every once in a great while : )
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    drink extra water and forgot about it! Its okay every once in a while! It was for a special occasion!

This. 1000 times this. One day will not register. Don't worry about it!
  • Wangenstein
    Options
    Just wanted to add my support to what everyone else is saying. Being committed to your daily goals is great, but recognizing that life is by it's very nature inconvenient, you have to allow for special occasions. Enjoy your night out (in retrospect) and get back on that horse again! :D
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support..... I do feel better.... :happy: