Looking for friends (that sounds sad....lol)

Options
Hi there! I am looking to connect with other happy, motivated 40 somethings who want to help inspire and encourage one another. Humor is a plus in this because at times I feel like if I don't laugh I'll cry. Lol. I remind myself that this isn't a sprint but a marathon and that I am now ready for this journey (but just like Dorothy some friends would be helpful.)

Replies

• Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's not sad. I find the support here fantastic! Marathons.... I do marathons.... usually Netflix!
  • Bizgengirl
    Bizgengirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely not sad. Marathons are much more challenging than sprints, and something we all need support with =)
  • deege76
    deege76 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well that sounds like me happy, 40 something and I'm definitely not sprinting
  • Clare_L_Black
    Clare_L_Black Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy and motivated 40 something here
  • Clare_L_Black
    Clare_L_Black Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy and motivated 40 something here although I try not to take any notice of my age
  • deege76
    deege76 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ???the last part of my post disappeared ..... Feel free to add me :)
  • barbaraedmo
    barbaraedmo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If your sad then do am I, I need a little motivation too so the more friends the happier I will be, we can mitigate each other
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Happy 40 something here :-)
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Not quite 40 here, but also looking for some supportive friends, so feel free to add me :)

I've lost 11 pounds in the last month, but still have another 64 to go, so I definitely agree that this is a marathon and not a sprint!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud member of the 40+ and maintaining club. Profile/diary is open. Feel free to add me if you think I can help.
  • jimmckenna68
    jimmckenna68 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    40+ here too
    About 18lbs to go to target ( at least it better be when I hit the scales in the morning)
    Happily provide motivation, support, abuse and ridicule if it gets you where you want to be. Open profile/diary etc, because that encourages me and my accountability too. Add if you Dare/Care (delete as appropriate)
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 with 28lb to lose please add me
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like shiny happy people, and I too could use some new super mega motivated friends!

=^x^=
  • SlimmerAngie1622
    Options
    Hello..what state are u from ?how long have u been on MFP ?and how's it going for u....
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Not sad at all. The MFP community has been and still is a big part of my success up until now. Feel free to add me.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not quite 40... I'm 35. But if anyone wants to add me, feel free to do so!
  • mth12m
    mth12m Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So, right after showering this morning, I stepped on the scale. It told me the truth, and I sighed. Then I had a breakfast hearty enough to feed... a canary. Went and worked out feverishly for a few hours, and shaved a dazzling twenty seconds off my twelve mile cycling time, yeah! I celebrated with a bottle of water, and a weak sport drink for lunch. Next was a bit of shopping -- to get more water. Just finished up with a meager dinner, then stepped on the scale for the second time today, and guess what it told me? The truth, again. Heading back to the store... to buy a scale that lies. *wink*
  • stopeatingout
    stopeatingout Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HaHa. I have no friends either!!!
  • stopeatingout
    stopeatingout Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mth12m wrote: »
    So, right after showering this morning, I stepped on the scale. It told me the truth, and I sighed. Then I had a breakfast hearty enough to feed... a canary. Went and worked out feverishly for a few hours, and shaved a dazzling twenty seconds off my twelve mile cycling time, yeah! I celebrated with a bottle of water, and a weak sport drink for lunch. Next was a bit of shopping -- to get more water. Just finished up with a meager dinner, then stepped on the scale for the second time today, and guess what it told me? The truth, again. Heading back to the store... to buy a scale that lies. *wink*

That's hilarious!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Marg672 wrote: »
    That's not sad. I find the support here fantastic! Marathons.... I do marathons.... usually Netflix!

Chuckle. Me, 54 and am active on MFP. I enjoy working out and see the light side of things.