Starting C25K tomorrow anyone want to join me?

Options
2»

Replies

• EMSNJOEY
    EMSNJOEY Posts: 20
    Options
    I am on week 4 (should be5 but I did week 2 twice). I have never been a runner. I must say that I am really enjoying it. I have not missed a run yet, which for me and my track record for sticking with things is VERY remarkable! Just take it one run at a time. Don't be ashamed if you need to step it back and do some of the weeks more than once. It is a guide to help you start running! My first race will be at the end of July. My goal is to run 90-100% of it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 of week 1 last night. I really need to get some new running shoes thuogh. My ankles burn pretty bad and I know from trying this once before that new running shoes can make a huge difference. I think the knee braces I bought are working thoiugh. Fingers crossed. I really want to finish the program this time and run a 5K.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. We are going to have bad weather so I did day 1 and 2 without taking a break. I am feeling it in my knees and ankles now but I have always had problems with them. I feel so good when see how far 3 miles really is!

I see a lot of people writing about getting a good pair of running shoes, any advice where to get them? I am not aware of any specialized stores in my area.
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just finished W2D2 yesterday.. woot woot! I NEVER thought I could do it, especially being 225lbs.

Also downloaded a couple of FREE podcasts and I love them! Really helps when you don't have to look at your watch or stare at the time on the treadmill. :D

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml?cmp=18-1 - is the link to an online site. There is also a Facebook page called "The Couch to 5K running plan"
  • atanner3
    atanner3 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good running shoes really made a difference for me. They can be pretty pricey, but it's a good investment in my eyes. I have a pair of Nike Pegasus shoes that allow me to use the Nike + system in my ipod to track my runs. I got them at ****s Sporting Goods, they had a good sale on running shoes. The best place to get shoes IMO is to find a Nike Outlet if there is one near you, a lot of big outlet malls have one. I found my shoes there (originally $90) for $40 (I paid about $65 at ****s).
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 of week 1 last night. I may do another day or 2 of week 1 before I continue on to week 2. I'm planning on getting a new pair of running shoes this weekend and my ankles should feel tons better.

Good luck everyone and keep running! :smile: