60 pounds to lose

Options
mancinisamantha7415
mancinisamantha7415 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
So everyone my name is Samantha I currently weigh 230 pounds at age 22... Having tons of trouble staying motivated and struggling with what to eat and what's the best exercises to do.. If anyone has tips please PLEASE help me out lol it'll be very appreciated!

Replies

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Just weigh it, log it, and plan as much as possible to stay within your calorie goals.

As far as exercise - do whatever you enjoy. Excercise is not limited to the gym. Dance, walk, ski. Whatever you want to be active.

• lerendantdroit
    lerendantdroit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's been helpful for me to be very specific about my cool and why I want that goal.
    Why struggle for it?
    What are benefits - physically, emotionally (confidence, self esteem, self respect, increase my determination and resilience, etc).
    I've written them down and look at them throughout the day
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Good luck on your goals hun. You're young, you'll lose that weight before you know it. I always tell people to take it one day at a time and you'll get there. Focus on small goals, not the end goal of 60lbs. Focusing on a 5-10lb loss at a time is key to not becoming overwhelmed with the journey.
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha, I haven't been at this very long but I can say that in my first 21 days I've lost almost 8 pounds? My suggestion is to make a reasonable goal, log EVERYTHING (good and bad), and move. Doesn't matter how much you move or how you move, just move! Right now, I do the Wii dance, I'm sure it doesn't look pretty and maybe a good laugh but as far as I'm concerned, I'm moving and that feels GREAT!
  • arilie91
    arilie91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha! I'm 24 and I have to loose 60 pound too....want to be friend? :)
  • xoxo81612
    xoxo81612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm 22 also. And want to lose 50 pounds. We can do it! I've been on here for a week
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! good luck!
  • BrideSept2017
    BrideSept2017 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, started at 220 a month ago, and am currently at 212. Log everything, and find ways to move more, whether it be joining an exercise class, going for a walk, or simply parking a bit further away in the parking lot. Find a food and exercise plan that works for YOU. If you can't maintain it long term, it won't be helpful. You can do it!
  • kim_stama
    kim_stama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find that when I eat a higher calorie meal in the morning I tend to eat less in the day and I have more energy to burn the calories.
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is just my suggestion - I know other ways work for other people - this has worked for me. I would suggest finding a calorie level that you can lose with - maybe 1200, 1500, 1800. (but,how do you determine this? I think there's some calculators around.) Break your day up into 6 meals - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert. Eat 6 small meals each day. Try to make the snacks be healthy - full of protein. And, in terms of exercise, well start with walking. Walking is really good. If you can get outside and walk 30 or 40 minutes that would be a great way to start. There are also exercise videos, and gyms to join. I think once you come up with a plan, and start seeing results, that you will start to feel a sense of accomplishment, and even more motivation.
  • mjgabbai
    mjgabbai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here 60lbs to go!! The sad part is that I already lost most of it and gained it back! It's such a struggle! But here I am again!! We can totally do this!!
  • LucyVW1991
    LucyVW1991 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink plenty of water!! You can do it!! :)
  • sarnoldm
    sarnoldm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have 60lbs to lose too! Add me As a friend and we can help each other!! It feels like a massive mountain to climb and I need support
  • Vertythegreat
    Vertythegreat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Similar goals! 40-50 lbs to lose. 21, student! I'll add you :)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Same goal of 60 pounds here . Feel free to add me! It gets easier!