New User--- First day :)

Options
Hello all!

Thought I would introduce myself--- My name is Nancy and I am 29. I've struggled with my weight ever since I came home from college
it was so much easier back then! I walked everywhere, ran every single day, and ate whatever I wanted.

Well since I moved back and "grown-up" I slowly let the weight creep up as well.

I hate dieting and counting calories, but I want to be healthier and slimmer.

I am 5'7 and my highest weight was 238 a couple years ago. But even the scale number didn't do anything to convince me. It wasn't until I seen a recent picture of myself where I thought, "whoa, I look like THAT?!"

So I started to eat smaller portions, worked out more, and drank more water. I went down to 196 without much effort--- that was last summer. But throughout the last year, I put on about 10 lbs because I got lazy
I need to get under 200 and hopefully hit 140 by the time I am 30!

So I know that by actually tracking my progress and being more focused, I could do much better. I want to be healthy and have good habits to live a long and happy life.

So I am looking for any advice, support, anything that will help me succeed in my goal.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and CANNOT wait to see where this journey will take me.

-Nancy

Replies

• nanaalias
    nanaalias Posts: 4
    Options
    u can do it girllll!!!!!!!!!!
  • StarrDanos
    Options
    Youre going to love this site! I just joined not long ago and I wish I would have known about it long before! I got up to 195 myself and it was a lot of work to get it off but its so worth it! Everyone here is so supportive and were ALL here for the same reason! I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss!
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can do this if you really want to and we will be here to help you along the way....Welcome.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal!:smile:
  • Ara531
    Ara531 Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on taking hold of your lifestyle! this is a great way to do it! At times it'll be tough, but there's a great deal of support and encouragement here! I know you can do anything you set your mind to, so good luck! feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • Fancy17
    Fancy17 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to this new lifestyle and mindset! :)
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I had to respond because 17 is my favorite number...lol! You'll find a lot of good advice, support and tools here.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    MFP is a GREAT support system. We are all in your shoes. It helps, advice, use these message boards! Add as many friends as you can. You CAN do it!