I want to lose 20 pounds in two months

Options
Anyone want to help?

Replies

• joedlfowler
    joedlfowler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My best result is 30lbs in 30 days. But a few things need to be taken into account.

Firstly, I'm a male, so weight loss comes much easier for me then women, who naturally carry more fat. Sorry, genetics.

Second, I work a very physical job, and never had to supplement with exercise to meet my deficit goals.

I went with a plan that involved ZERO refined sugar, high protien, low fat, an I stuck to around 1200 calories a day, as a 270lb male. I lost about 15lbs in the first two weeks in water weight. Oh yea, I drink appx 4 litres of water a day.

I did this 4 years ago, in order to make weight to go sky diving.

I'm expecting my first child this summer, and I made a stupid bet with my wife, that I will weigh less then she does when the kid's born.. Meaning now I need to cut down to around 170ish by June. Downside, I made it back to 270...

Currently, going full on Keto, and have daily net Carbs of Under 20 grams, roughly 160g protien a day, and the rest of my calories come from fat. So far, I'm down around 28lbs since Jan 6th. I plan on adding in some weight training around the -40lb mark, early March.

For you, probably, a large portion of the first 20lbs will be water weight, so cut out the junk, get into fat burning mode (run out of carbs...) and drink tones of water, and let your body learn to burn again.

Good luck!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    It's a very aggressive goal, but depending on what you have to lose it's possible. I've been steadily losing 2.2 pounds per week since January 4. I expect this to slow down any day now...but I'll take it for now. I've been averaging between 1200 and 1500 cal per day. I've cut out all alcohol and exercise three times a week. Feel free to add me for a friend if you'd like support.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would like to do that to feel free to add me.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You can do it with extreme diet. Cut out dairy, carbs, red meats. Lean meats/proteins and veggies only. Walk every day. Done and done! Not easy, but possible.
  • sumerzcomin
    sumerzcomin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I want to do the same thing.
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to do the same, feel free to add me!
  • Jcox300
    Jcox300 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i would love to! im down 16 lbs in 6 months. im going to Florida in May so i am determined to increase my weight lose. fell free to add me and share any advice!!