The dreaded Scale......

hdtoolgirl
hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a serious addiction to the scale! I can't help but want to get on it everyday! It goes up, it goes down, and so does how I feel. I know I should only do it once a week, but it's there.. and it seems to call my name all the time. I am only in my second week of eating well and working out. I'm down about 8lbs so far, but I can't help but want to see results. Does anyone have a way to keep me from getting on it??

119447.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    I have a serious addiction to the scale! I can't help but want to get on it everyday! It goes up, it goes down, and so does how I feel. I know I should only do it once a week, but it's there.. and it seems to call my name all the time. I am only in my second week of eating well and working out. I'm down about 8lbs so far, but I can't help but want to see results. Does anyone have a way to keep me from getting on it??

119447.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Put it away.

Keep it on top of your refrigerator and only take it out on weigh-in day!
  • I have the same problem. We can do this. We will succeed. Good luck.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Put it away.

Keep it on top of your refrigerator and only take it out on weigh-in day!

Yup. I had the same problem because it's so exciting, especially at first! But eventually things will even out and you will lose more slowly. Weighing yourself constantly will just depress you. Focus on all the other things, like how great you feel because of the way you're eating and exercising, not because of the what scale says. Also, don't forget to take your measurements because sometimes you won't lose an ounce but you'll see lost inches and isn't that what really matters! :bigsmile:

You're doing awesome, keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • I weigh everyday as well.. I just keep in mind that your body can go up or down by about 2 lbs everyday so i step on the scale and see but dont get disappointed until its my weekly weigh in. Congrats on your 1st 8 lbs shed!!
  • I do the same thing. Good that I am not alone.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    I know I shouldn't weigh in everyday because it just upsets me when I don't see any results, but the fact that I don't gain any weight keeps me motivated to want to push just a little harder. Good Luck to all.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    I've actually stopped weighing in after I felt that I hit a plateau. I think it's been over a month, I know my 21 pound loss is probably less as of today, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I love my new body and really go by how I feel. I also fell off the wagon after 6 days in Vegas. After two weeks of being good, and not being around the time of the month, I will get back on the scale.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    I also find myself jumping on the scale way too often. My problem is today when I did that it was up
    2 1/2 pounds and I have been extra good. It is probably water weight or something, but talk about depressing. I am now only going to weigh on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have read quite a few articles on this and there a few things I am trying...one is doing a measnurement of waist for a chance to see progress...one is to try every other day...but the heck with it I guess..I just say to myself as I climb aboard the scale...same or more weight and if it is lower...GREAT...if not....continue on the journey until tomorrow...keep eating good

also scale your feelings instead...feeling good today? good...

hang in there

Dave:smile:
This discussion has been closed.