Tired....

knadboralski
knadboralski Posts: 5
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
When I first began this journey I was completing 30 minutes of circuit training 3 days a week and 60 minutes of cardio 2-3 days a week. I have been waiting for this energy that people say you get from exercise. Four weeks of this and I now struggle to get through 30 minutes of cardio and then go home and fall asleep for 2 hours. My doctor does not understand why this is happening to me either....grrrrrr!

So now I am at a point where I am considering doing 30 minutes of cardio in the am and then again in the pm to get myself back up to the 60 minutes. Anyone else have suggestions?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I do the 30 day shred it is cardio and strength in one, it is about 20 minutes and you burn about 200 calories. I try to get that in and anything else i do during the day is extra. What kind of cardio are you doing? And how is your diet?
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    I am at 30 days today, and am very, very tired with the added exercising! I'm staying at or below net calories most days but have noticed that I am always low on protein and calcium. I'm going to try to figure out how to increase those and see if that helps.
  • For cardio I walk in the gym. For every 5-10 minutes walking I incorporate inclines up to 6% in addition to jogging at 4.8-5.0 miles per hour for one to two minutes. Because of my weight, currently 295, this is about as much as I can handle before my heart rate skyrockets.

My doctor has me on a 1600 calorie diet. I know I can improve some there, but some days I don't feel hungry at all and may only manage 800 calories in.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    wow you need to eat so healthy foods and 1600 seems so low for your weight. are you eating back you calories? If not that would explain you body feeling weak and you having to nap a lot.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    the reason you are tired is you are not giving your body enough fuel if you are only getting 800 calories some days. Thats not healthy and you could get injured or sick and not be able to do the exercise you have been doing. Do you take a multi vitamin? if not that might help also. But you really need to eat your 1600 calories to be able to do the amount of exercise you have been doing. try eating a protein bar before going to work out. They give you energy for your workout.

Good luck and keep us posted!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • I joined Curves last October and had exactly the same experiences you are having now. I quit going in December and didn't start back until March. When I started we were in the beginning of a protein challenge. I really concentrated on adding protein to my diet. What a huge differnence it has made, especially when I eat protein right after I excercise. I still don't love excersing, but I do find I have way more energy and have increased the number of days I excercise and am more active in my life. I know it doesn't work for everybody, but it might be worth a try.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Up your protein and green vegetables (antioxidants & vitamins) and definitely try to get in all your recommended calories. I notice a huge change in energy if I don't meet mine, and while lower calories may help you lose weight fast at first, it isn't very healthy if you're exercising. Plus, so many of us who are overweight have taught ourselves not to eat enough, so we hold onto every bite of calories we consume.
  • I like the protein bar idea....that is something quick and small I can grab too if I am on the run. I will certainly work on getting the 1600 calories in and monitoring what I eat for protein. I will focus my goals this week on eating my calories and increasing protein....the healthy kind of course!

Thanks for all your input and suggestions......and wow! Look how far so many of you have come! That in itself is inspiration for me!
This discussion has been closed.