Biggest Loser Xbox 360 Kinect

Options
Hello fellow MFPers!

I just want to see if anyone else out there is using an xbox 360 Kinect for the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout? We just got the system and I started on it this morning and am very impressed with the technology. Sure at times it seems to not record all of my movements, but that's because I'm not actually moving as much as I think I am! lol

I am going to lose over 200 lbs and am just starting to get really serious about the exercise/activity portion of it. I actually lost close to 100 lbs already and completed a Sprint Triathlon last October, but then I just got stagnant and didn't exercise or track my calories and actually gained back 30 lbs. No more!

This morning I weighed in at 417 and this is the last time I will see that number.

Replies

• Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck...Never quit....If you fall down, get RIGHT BACK UP!!
  • coldbrew2
    coldbrew2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 100#s loss and, I'm looking forward to seeing more posts regarding your loss as well. I'm trying to convince my husband to get the Xbox with the Kinect workout. Right now--I'm losing but not exercising. I hope to add exercise into my plan soon. Good Luck with your progam!! Keep up the good work!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of buying it, but was unsure. We recently have bought a house with a ginormous bedroom where the big TV is now, so I think I'd feel more comfortable working out on my own there while my hubby is downstairs. Is anyone else liking this program?
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm desperately trying to convince my OH to let me buy it!!
  • dsweise
    dsweise Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all fo rthe encouoragement. I plan on following through and posting how well the Kinect works in helping to workout and stay active. I did notice there were a few other questions about th epossibility of adding the Kinect games to the list of exercises - might this happen?
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use the Kinect for exercise every day! I love it. I don't have The Biggest Loser title so I can't report on that. My favorite is Kinect Sports. Well worth whatever money it cost. My family got it for Christmas and we are still finding new ways to play the games. Total fun and a workout too.
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    Woo I just won a copy on ebay for £16.50 yesterday. I can't wait to start using it! x
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great job on the weight loss so far!!!
    We have the Kinect. Loads of fun and a pretty great work out. I have the Biggest Looser, which is not my favorite - I have trouble with it recording all of my movements somethmes too, but I do get a good work out. I usually have to adjust how I am positioned so the scanner has a better view. The Dance 360 game really gives you a good work out!
  • muddertrucker3
    muddertrucker3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    we have the kinect. I want the BL workout so bad, but just havent gotten around to actually going and buying it yet. I really like all of the other games on kinect though. Even the sports games get you sweating. Congrats on 100#!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Biggest Loser today and just finished a 60 minute workout. I sweated my butt off and my heart rate was higher than with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I love how it gives you water breaks!! I havent tried any of the dance ones yet, but so far BL has a thumbs up from me!!