need mfp help

Options
So when I set up my initial profile it asked for lifestyle/work setting. I put the mildly active one as it said waitressing but I want to change it. I have a very sedative M-F part day job and then I waitress a few nights a week/weekends. I don't know if my lifestyle setting matters (on some sites like fitday.com it is used to equate your calories burned each day) but I think as far as activity I should be logging my waitressing hours as excersize, like under the walking catergory.

Anyone know how to change the setting? Or if it matters? I work a good 5-6 hours a night when I waitress and I'm busting my *kitten* moving so I want the credit if I'm not already getting it! :-)

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hiya...go to My Home, Settings, Update diet / fitness profile and you can change it in there. :smile:
  • golden1215
    golden1215 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I updated but now it's saying there is no way I can average 2 lbs a week, when before it said I could... thoughts? I even increased my projected exercise level to include the days when I'll be waitressing....
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm not too sure. I understand you have an active job at weekends however in order to really burn off and lose weight you'll need to get your heart rate up and this is probably beyond what you'll achieve through your job. No offence intended there...I used to do bar work and know it's non stop...but I was never sweating and slightly out of breath through it.
  • golden1215
    golden1215 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ohh see I'll sweat a fair amount esp if I'm working the patio and it's busy... but I'll just log it as it truly is and take if from there :-)