What is your happy weight?

Options
Found this at self.com...its pretty neat and accurate! It put my happy weight as my goal weight :D

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight/result?heightFeet=5&heightInches=9&frame=1.05&obeseSiblingOrParent=yes&age=25&numberChildren=1&exercise=1&quitSmoking=no&treat=yes&submit=

Editing to tell you how to measure your body frame:

wrap your thumb and your middle finger around your opposite wrist

If they overlap, you are a small frame
If they touch, you are a medium frame
if they do not touch, you are a large frame

Replies

• MizzCNyle
    MizzCNyle Posts: 40
    Options
    WOW! Mine is so low..... it said 135, but I only want to get to 160.
  • rtierney794
    rtierney794 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is my goal too : )
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It put me between 132 and 138. I did mine with both a medium and large build because i'm not really sure what I am. I have pretty wide hips though.

So maybe I'm underestimating myself with a goal weight of 140?

Ah well. I figure if I get to 140 and I'm not liking what I see I can always lose a few more.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hmm....I'm nearly 10 under my happy weight....is that bad?
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My goal is 150 and this site said my happy weight was 148! Perfect! :D
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It put me at 152.6. My first goal is 160 because I have absolutely no idea what my "happy" weight is.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I stayed at my "happy" weight at 135 for the last 6 months. For some reason I been told I look thinner but I think that is only the type of summer clothes and smaller sizes I bought. Still 135 and still same measurements. I could loose more but I am very continent with my level of eating. At least I haven't gained it back since Christmas.
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    What's your Happy Weight?

--pretty neat my goal weight currently is set to 124
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hmm....I'm nearly 10 under my happy weight....is that bad?
    Try a smaller frame and remember it's the work of averages. There are plenty of people who will fall on both sides of the range.
  • rissuhbissuh
    rissuhbissuh Posts: 125
    Options
    Mine said I was too young (20) so I put 21 and it calculated it to be 136.5 which is close to my 140 goal! How silly that one year older makes a difference in whether I am "too young" :p
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    130. , I have been that weight and I was SO happy. I was fit, had mus-cles and felt fanTAStic!

I love that link though. Sometimes we have these goals we cannot achieve or shouldnt.

Healthy is what I am striving for!!

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Mine is lower then what trainer at gym said I should get down to.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    140-145 is the last time I felt happy with my body because it was after I'd lost 30 lbs. This time I want to SURPASS that and get to 139. We'll see! But I think I'll be stoked just to get to 145 because it'll be familiar territory, y'know?
  • rissuhbissuh
    rissuhbissuh Posts: 125
    Options
    I totally agree. I have no idea what my happy weight is. I am thinking I'll get to 140 and decide from there whether I find that too small or not small enough.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, mine is 113lbs, apparently! I am short (5' 1.5") and have a slender frame, but I don't think I want to be that light. We'll see, though. Maybe I do need to go down that low to get the abs I want...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It said mine is 134lbs.

Not gonna happen.

I'm 144-145lbs right now and am content and happy with it.

I don't think I'd look good below 140lbs - I'd look too thin. Just my opinion.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    130. , I have been that weight and I was SO happy. I was fit, had mus-cles and felt fanTAStic!

I love that link though. Sometimes we have these goals we cannot achieve or shouldnt.

Healthy is what I am striving for!!

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:

Mine says 125. That actually sounds perfect!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Mine says 119.2

My goal is 115 :)
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It said mine was 114.6. Yikes that's low. I was shootin' for 120-125. 114 seems so far away right now.
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    It told me 148.3.....which is close to my goal of 145!

Want to know the sad part? Last year when I decided to get healthy I got down to 147 in 3 months only to gain it all back. I was trying so hard to get to 125 because I thought that was where I needed to be. Turns out if I would have just accepted what my body was trying to tell me I wouldn't be trying so hard to lose weight right now. Instead I would be maintaining. Oh well, another life lesson. I turn 30 in December and I am going to work my butt off to get back down to 145-150 by then and then focus on maintaining!