Bras with removable pads?

Options
Are there any women that really like the sports bras with removable pads? I find it annoying to have to find them in the wash and then take time to place them correctly when I put them on. But that is how they are all sold in my area now. Waste of time in my opinion. Does anyone actually like them or is this cost saving measure with less sewing, or a ploy to get us to buy more often when we lose one? What do you think?

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hate them. Not sure why the invented them. Prbably some marketing guy thought it would be cool. "They'll lose the pads and then have to buy more bras!"
  • PearlsBijoux
    PearlsBijoux Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't want those either. They stopped making the bra I like to wear and now I have to find a different kind.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Eh. I just take them out and never bother with them anyways.
  • KillerKel01
    KillerKel01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, here's my beef with the bra. I'm large on top, a D, and when I exercise I want those sisters held in place. I don't do the tube boob bra because I can't stand how they feel when they sweat (and how they look). I use Bali bra with underwire. Bali has a natural tone bra that supports and they make the strap at the top of the shoulder wider so there is no cutting or red marks on the shoulder. I've tried to save money on less expensive bras, like the ones that are padded...seriously, a D doesn't need more padding. I'm hoping to get back to a C. My plan is in motion and am thinking positively.
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think the padding is to conceal the nipples, (sorry for TMI) like when I run my nipples will get super hard after a couple miles and stay that way the duration of the run. I still don't use the pads, they are a pain to put in and take out every time I wash my bra!!!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Panache's 5021 style underwire sports bra but recently tried and fell in love with the Freya Active underwire sports bra. Both are contoured (which means lightly padded, basically) which doesn't bother me in the least. Neither of them have removable pads to worry about. Both bras really keep your breasts supported, strapped down, separated, and looking decent. Given the fact that I now have "flapjack tits," having gone from an H cup to my current DD, I definitely appreciate those features! I prefer the Freya now mainly because it is cut lower so if I wear a v-neck top it doesn't show.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I just take them out and throw them away.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I like them for everyday wear and don't have any trouble washing them. But I don't wear them when I'm cycling.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I take them out before the first washing, set them aside, and immediately forget where I put them. Some day when I die and my grandkids are cleaning out my house they'll find a big stash of Grandma's bra pads.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm small up top, and with a sports bra, I look flat. So like the padding. I take out the padding and put them in a garment bag when I do laundry. That way, they don't get lost or end up in weird places.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a ploy... maybe it's a way to get the pads cleaner than if they're sewed in? I prefer the bras with padding that don't come out though. Then I can just wash and dry them and everything's good to go! Definitely easier.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Victoria Secret Incredible Sports Bra, best invention in sports bra's ever made. It is even better than their Knockout sports bra. I run, so having my puppies not move, is huge.

I have to say, I would never buy a sports bra or any bra (at my size) with removable pads. The padding in the bra's are there for a reason, so why do they even make them to remove them? Why not just make a thinner part of the bra to cover the nips and not allow them fall out?

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I kind of like removable pads. I'm not symmetrical so I can adjust pads to look less so. And when I used to wear a Fitbit One, I would stick it in the cup pocket and slide it to the center of my chest and that thing wasn't going anywhere. Though I'd have to check my phone to see my progress at work. Though I do have a drawer full of loose pads, and often consider putting a tack stitch in the center of each cup to hold the pads in.

Mine usually stay in, though. I wonder if having a washer without an agitator helps with that? Or maybe it's the bra style. The slit for pads on mine is only maybe 1.5-2" wide, usually.
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Are there any women that really like the sports bras with removable pads? I find it annoying to have to find them in the wash and then take time to place them correctly when I put them on. But that is how they are all sold in my area now. Waste of time in my opinion. Does anyone actually like them or is this cost saving measure with less sewing, or a ploy to get us to buy more often when we lose one? What do you think?
    You can try tjmaxx or marshalls. They have nice sports bras with the pads sewn in

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes it's to help conceal the nipples.
    I hate them too. I have just taken them out and still use the bras without the pads.
    Amazon has great champion sport bras they are my favorite.
    But yes TJ Maxx and Marshslls have good inexpensive sport bras too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just take a stitch through the pad and it'll stay in place.

it's a completely easy less than 5 minute fix.
  • kabinz
    kabinz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I've been creeping around this forum for a while now without posting... you just blew my mind so much that I had to comment! How did I not think of this?? Thanks for the tip!
  • Vetticus_3
    Vetticus_3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So I must be the only one on the planet that likes them.

I'm flat and I can't wear "normal" bras, ie the strap fits, but I can put my phone, tissues, wallet, keys etc in the cups. So, I live in sports bras.
    For actual sport - I use the non padded.

For everyday wear, the padded sports bras end up looking very wrinkled after a few washes, which makes my t-shirts have an interesting outline. Not so with the removables - I can wash the actual bra to my hearts content, and the padding is washed only when needed. And, if I want, I could put several pads in, and you know, have a bust.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just stitch the hole shut. Makes my life much easier.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    kabinz wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

I've been creeping around this forum for a while now without posting... you just blew my mind so much that I had to comment! How did I not think of this?? Thanks for the tip!

lol- no one ever does- but I sew and all my dance costumes have permenent or semi permenent pads- and if you can just throw the whole thing in the wash- it's easier to just sew them in. :) taking a stitch through the whole thing or on the corners means not only does it not come out- but it stays in the proper orientation. :) win win