Water Intake?

Options
Water intake is a hassle considering i'm a teenager on the go. When I stop somewhere witha water fountain, how long would a drink of water at a fountain take to be equivalent to 2 cups.

For example:

2 cups = ??? Seconds of slurping lol.

How do i divide my water intake also. I don't want to drink all at once and feel "stuffed".

Thanks in advance

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just carry a water bottle around with you..it's much easier that way. Also, drink when you're thirsty. Don't try to schedule your water.."2 cups at breakfast, 3 before 10 am.." and so on. It just makes life more difficult.
  • RoshadReid
    RoshadReid Posts: 24
    Options
    Just carry a water bottle around with you..it's much easier that way. Also, drink when you're thirsty. Don't try to schedule your water.."2 cups at breakfast, 3 before 10 am.." and so on. It just makes life more difficult.

Good Idea! I'll carry around those slightly-oversized water bottles for moderate water drinking. Thanks!
  • norcalbowler
    norcalbowler Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes have a water bottle with you at all times.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheap bottle at Meijer. It is 20oz and I carry it with me everywhere. :) If for some reason I forget it or it ends up empty, I buy a bottled water and keep THAT with me.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love this question! It cracked me up, just because I think that way too ... how long do I have to stand here slurping to get a measurable amount of water?
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Water is so important..!!...I try to drink a minimum of 1 gallon per day....Once you start increasing your water intake, you will notice that you start craving it more and more...Good luck on your journey..!!...:happy:
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Yes, having a bottle with you it makes it much easier. You should drink it throughout the day, not all at once. If you drink it all at once your body doesn't absorb very much of it.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Get a 'normal' slurp in your mouth; spit it into a measuring cup; see how much it is.
    For accuracy, might try 3 or 4 times and take an average.
    Will get you close.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    To drink water all at once doesn't work the same. or even to gulp alot at one time can actually contribute to bloating. The most effective way to drink is to slurp all day. If you are not big on water. I just bought some of this stuff called Mio liquid for water. It is a flavoring that you can add and you can add as little or as much as you want . It has 0 calories.
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My household always has spare water bottles from when anyone of us have to buy water in the store. That way, you can always fill one and go. If you can't hang onto it for the day, you can throw it away (preferably recycle though). And, you can also fill it up at a water fountain and know how much you are getting. 1 bottle is generally just over 2 cups of water. The best ones are Dasani or Aquafina since they are sturdier and hold up for reuse. ;)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Get a 'normal' slurp in your mouth; spit it into a measuring cup; see how much it is.
    Will get you close.
    Hahahahaha!!! Too funny! :laugh:
  • RoshadReid
    RoshadReid Posts: 24
    Options
    Will get you close.

Haha will take that into consideration.