New here

monicasgar
monicasgar Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello I am new here and excited about this. I look forward to charting my progress and learning new ways to stay motivated. I was banded June 29th and have lost 40lbs since surgery. Thank you Yankeegirl for tell me about this site.

Replies

• Hello I am new here and excited about this. I look forward to charting my progress and learning new ways to stay motivated. I was banded June 29th and have lost 40lbs since surgery. Thank you Yankeegirl for tell me about this site.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hello I am new here and excited about this. I look forward to charting my progress and learning new ways to stay motivated. I was banded June 29th and have lost 40lbs since surgery. Thank you Yankeegirl for tell me about this site.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Way to go. With your weighloss so far. You are going to love it here at MFP. We are glad to have you around. Don't be afraid to ask or answer any questions. There is so much help here.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Wow Im amazed with the response. This seems to be a real buzzing site.
    I was doing so good at first drinking enough water, but I've been slacking lately. I need to drink more during the day. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Im not sure how to track my foods yet but I plan on writing it down on a daily basis. I'll take any and all advise. Thanks in advance!
  • welcome aboard. it's easy to track food if you use the food log. i find it really helpful to log my food before i eat it - it helps me make better food choice decisions. good luck and welcome.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.