Muscles still sore after 3days

Options

Hi
Last Friday night I pushed my body to the limit with an extensive workout.

The swelling has not gone down and I am still sore in the stomach area especially near the ribbs.

Any advice?

Thanks

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    stretch...and advil.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Don't do that again! Workouts should be limited to 30 mins for weights, and no more that 20 for cardio.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Foam roll now and after your work outs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,595 Member
    Options
    Unconditioned muscles will take longer to heal after a really hard workout. As mentioned, ibuproferen helps along with just moving around.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • starfinder76
    starfinder76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Epsom salt bath and ibuprofen :)
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Lol. I thought I would die after the first time I went snowboarding. Light stretching and some walking or similar activity.
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As others have noted . . . time, stretching, Advil and about all you can do. Maybe some warm baths or the hot tub at the gym if available. When you push your muscles for the first time--or particularly hard/different compared to what you have been doing--they will "push back". Sometimes it can take several days for the soreness to work its way out.
  • lauraebenavides
    lauraebenavides Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do a killer workout, I do yoga the next day and I feel great again. You can find some yoga videos in YouTube, in case you need suggestions.
  • bria2preshus
    bria2preshus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stretching and increase your protein intake
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Start slower and build. It doesn't do you much good to go all in if you need days to recuperate afterwards. I used to be of the "no pain no gain" attitude. Now as I get older I try to start slow and build up to minimize pain and the risk of injury.
  • stuchew
    stuchew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Take glutamine to help with recovery it works wonders. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glutamine.htm
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
  • roth5107
    roth5107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do some light activity to work the sore muscles. Active recovery always helps me from getting really sore. Otherwise ice and foam rolling are excellent too.