What To Do

Options
Two years ago I lost 95 pounds. After a bad break-up I gained back 35 of those pounds. In late 2015 I lost 10 but since the holidays I have gained that back. I try everyday to start anew but always get sucked back into eating more. I think I cannot find a good calorie rate for myself.

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Try using one of the BMR calculators to figure out what your base metabolic rate and total expenditure is. This is the one I use- http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Once you understand how many calories your body needs to be healthy and how many calories you expend daily, you can reduce your intake to a safe weight-loss level. :)

The other thing is that you probably don't want to suddenly cut down your intake to reduction levels all at once. Try reducing your intake by 100 calories for one week, then another 100 calories the next, etc, until you reach your healthy weight-loss intake. By suddenly jumping from 2000 calories down to 1600, you're going to be hungry! Remember that weight loss takes time, and it's little steps that will take you the whole distance. :)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to lose about 35 lbs., correct? Input your stats into MFP and choose to lose at a rate of 1 lb./week. This should give you a reasonable amount of calories to work with, and you can earn more with exercise.

Slow & steady...
  • CarolKarbowiak
    CarolKarbowiak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas