Fresh start

Options
Have decided that today is a fresh start. I will get to feeling better and eating better for myself. I am trying to have more confidence in myself and the way I look.

So who's with me? I desperately need people to keep me in check daily. Goal is to lose at least .5 pound a week and work out at least 15 minutes for 7 days a week.

I am looking for more friends to keep me motivated and on track. I also have a Facebook so if you want to find me message me.

Replies

• lgay14
    lgay14 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too decided to try again today. Can't tell you how many times I have been here. Looking for a different attitude and motivation to stay on track permanently. For now it will be a little at a time. My goal for February is to walk a total of 280,000 steps = 10,000 steps per day. Now I realize that I have lost 7 days already so will have to get the additional 70,000 in over the remaining days. The bad news is I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada and it is currently -16 Celsius with 50k winds making it feel like -23 (-9.4 Fahrenheit )And we have lots of snow on the ground. The good news is I have a treadmill all set up and some great Tv PVR'd to watch. I also have a very large dog that absolutely needs to go for walks outside no matter what the weather. So I spent the dollars bought really warm winter gear and we go out everyday. I plan to do the 10,000/day on the treadmill and the Rigel walks will be the bonus steps. I am only counting the treadmill and outside walks for my steps, not my normal daily activity steps. My second goal is to track everything. That's it. Will worry about changing what I eat once I get the movement and food tracking down to routine. Thanks for starting this. Here's to us and all the others out there. Let's go! :)0artdxk8wzhc.jpeg
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also trying for reasonable goals and a generally healthier lifestyle.
  • countryfatgirl
    countryfatgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am with you.... We can do this....
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Count me in as long as I don't have to open my food diary (I've learned that is the quickest way for me to start cheating on my logins!)
    poYoSNl.jpg2Gr1P9L.jpg
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm working on shedding .5 pound a week, by walking 10 steps a day & staying within my calories, I have an open food diary & try to log my food daily, although days like yesterday's super bowl I don't log, I indulge in the fun and carry on the next day. I'm down 20 pounds since starting last spring, slow but steady & enjoying life as I do it, I'm working on losing an additional 30 pounds. I'm always looking for new friends, add me if you like.
  • lgay14
    Options
    Good morning all. Linda and puppy Rigel here. Well at 85 pounds he is no longer a puppy but he sure acts like one. Yesterday he was so excited. Despite the frigid temps and 50k winds we bundled up (well I bundled up - he has his own bundle) and set out for our walk. I figure I spent this ridiculous amount of money on my Canada Goose outdoor gear I had better use it. Well it was worth every penny! I was toasty warm the whole 50 minutes we were out. Did 6900 + steps. And Rigel just loved it. Much more fun than the 80 minutes I did on the treadmill in the morning although Mr. Roberts was on TCM and made the time fly. Love Henry Fonda, Jack Lemmon and James Cagney. Total steps for the day1: 17,911. Goal for day 2 same as day 1. Have a healthy day everyone!
  • lgay14
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! Yesterday, day 2, went very well. We had a gorgeous sunny day and the winds have died down dramatically. Got both my treadmill walk and my Rigel outdoor walk in. Steps are adding up fast. Yesterday was Pancake Tuesday and yes Hubby and I had pancakes for supper. Instead of butter and syrup I put unsweetened mixed berries on mine. Loved it and I didn't even miss the syrup. Was able to stay within my calorie range without using my exercise points. Bonus!!!
  • lgay14
    Options
    My journey continued well on day three. Surpassed my step goal once again. I have gotten back into the routine of tracking my meals and exercise so now I am looking more closely at my choices to keep within my calorie allowance. I would like to keep a minimum of half of my exercise calories unused so we will see how that challenge goes. First big test will be Sunday brunch at our daughter's home. Everything in moderation is how I try to approach these types of occasions. I have what I want but limit the portion size. I have no taboo foods only taboo portion size. Have a great Thursday everyone. KEEP CALM AND WALK ON!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track with logging your food. It sounds like you have a realistic idea on how to eat... Moderation is the key. Best of luck to you!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :-)
  • pearception
    pearception Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am here for my third try. I lost 30 pounds a year ago and had health issues and gained them all back.
  • lgay14
    Options
    Rigel and Linda back again! Well today, day 6, were short 15 min walks outdoors. It was -42 today here in Manitoba. Even hearty Rigel had trouble with that temp. So we did 5 - 15 min adventures outside to get his doggy walks in. The treadmill was not so boring today - got to watch The Magnificent Seven. Yul Brenner and Steve McQueen. Tomorrow is my rest day so no treadmill, only doggy walks. This cold snap is suppose to break tomorrow. Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Hug someone you love!