Can my job be considered a workout?

Options
At my job I am on my feet (walking) for my whole shift and perform some very light lifting. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could log this as an "exercise"?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    You should adjust your Normal Daily Activity level to reflect this, NOT add it as an exercise. So you should set your activity level to Lightly Active or Active probably. You need to go to My Home, then Settings to adjust this.
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    Definitely change your activity level to show that you are active.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i'm very active at my job also, but i just raised my activity level and my calorie goal automatically went up. i don't worry about eating all of my calories during the week, but on weekends when i don't work, i try to stay a couple hundred calories under =)
  • bluegirl91
    Options
    Thanks so much! ^_^
    ohh and i was wondering about the activity levels, because I only work a few days a week, so it's not really a constant thing. Can i change my activity level on a day by day basis?
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! ^_^
    ohh and i was wondering about the activity levels, because I only work a few days a week, so it's not really a constant thing. Can i change my activity level on a day by day basis?

In that case I'd set mine to Lightly Active probably... I think it should even out with the days you work and don't work. You can change it everyday but I would think that would get annoying!

Mine is set to Sedentary even though I work on my feet at least 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. But when I'm not working or exercising, I'm pretty sedentary. And I think my body is now used to being on my feet all day at work like that so I'm not really burning a lot of calories like a workout. Just my opinion.