Cardio and Weight Training Success 40 Years Old

Options
dixon5000
dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
I have found doing 30-45 minutes of walking in the morning and a weight training session in the evening allows me to maintain muscle mass while losing fat. People think you have to go nuts with cardio but it is not the case. Proper dieting is the key! It's simple, the more clean I eat the less I have to go cardio crazy! Additionally, it avoids me from being burnt out and falling back to bad habits.

Replies

• psalms2515
    psalms2515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and I'm trying to get into my best shape. Would like to follow you and share nutrition and workout programs.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    dixon5000 wrote: »
    I have found doing 30-45 minutes of walking in the morning and a weight training session in the evening allows me to maintain muscle mass while losing fat. People think you have to go nuts with cardio but it is not the case. Proper dieting is the key! It's simple, the more clean I eat the less I have to go cardio crazy! Additionally, it avoids me from being burnt out and falling back to bad habits.

totally agree, sir..........after reading up on this very subject, strength training while in a deficit will pretty much insure you keep all of your muscle...........I run here and there because I enjoy it but a caloric deficit and weight training is the key! well done.
  • dixon5000
    dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No problem at all