Fit at Fifty

Options
That was the goal 2 years ago... didn't quite make it, but still trying. I don't do diets (they seem to focus my mind on forbidden things), I drink wine every night, and I try to eat healthy. Just got a puppy, so am walking a mile every morning. Hoping to just make some small life changes to shed some pounds. Gardening in my past-time, and once the weather warms up I should be able to log in some more exercise from that activity. Other than that, I have a very high stress, sedentary job (divorcing people). Good luck everyone.

Deb

Replies

• fattylivis
    fattylivis Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi deb! I could have used you 2 yrs ago for my divorce. Hahaha Feel free to add me. Stress? That's my second name. Am finally learning how to cope with the emotional eating linked to the stress.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb,

I also don't believe in forbidden foods. Ah, so much stress in the modern world. Puppies are fun, wine is awesome (one of my jobs is being a wine hostess at a cute little winery), and I can say I achieved my fit at 50 and I just turned 55. Life is busy, stressful, full of purpose, and awesome.

Good luck to you too!
    Roberta
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Started working on my fit at 50 (that was 4 years ago), and have lost 110 pounds, walk/run 15+ miles a week, and do 3 HIIT workouts a week with resistance bands. Not there yet, but getting closer. :)