Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownie recipe?

Options
Just was wondering if anyone might have a recipe similiar the Fiber One brownies?

Replies

• skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jtkelley420
    Options
    ok, silly question..what is bump?
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    A reply moves post back to top of forum, so "bump" is just a quicker way to move the post back to the top.
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    ok no clue how this recipe taste or anything but it fell into the calorie range i was looking for...... Heres the recipe I found on you tube.......

88 Calorie Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 egg whites
    1 cup sugar (Splenda is optional if you're looking to cut out sugar)
    1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (or instant coffee powder)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup chocolate chips (I like the dark chocolate chips)
    Fat Free Butter-flavored cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.

Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the mixture until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.

Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies. Makes 12 (1 brownie) servings.

Each brownie has approximately (these numbers will be slightly lower if you use Splenda)

88 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, less than 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 133 mg sodium
    vs.
    Traditional Double Chocolate Brownies have: 260 calories, 3 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 165 mg sodium
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ok no clue how this recipe taste or anything but it fell into the calorie range i was looking for...... Heres the recipe I found on you tube.......

88 Calorie Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 egg whites
    1 cup sugar (Splenda is optional if you're looking to cut out sugar)
    1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (or instant coffee powder)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup chocolate chips (I like the dark chocolate chips)
    Fat Free Butter-flavored cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.

Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the mixture until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.

Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies. Makes 12 (1 brownie) servings.

Each brownie has approximately (these numbers will be slightly lower if you use Splenda)

88 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, less than 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 133 mg sodium
    vs.
    Traditional Double Chocolate Brownies have: 260 calories, 3 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 165 mg sodium

Oh snap, I am so making those.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump sounds delicious
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did you try these? How did they taste? I have heard of them before but never made them.

storm
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did you try these? How did they taste? I have heard of them before but never made them.

storm
    [IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY...SAY NOTHING AT ALL!]
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    bump:)
  • roliepolieolie
    roliepolieolie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yummo! I'm going to try these!
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Waiting for someone to make these and post for the group how they turned out.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just take a standard Brownie mix (like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker) and mix it with a can of pumpkin (like Libby's) and bake according to the box instructions. I cut them into 8 brownies and it's around 30 calories a brownie. So good! You can do this with a cake mix as well to make muffins or cupcakes.
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Those are 105 calories each.. I'm making them and I just entered everything into the recipes section. I used sugar.
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Another good alternative is black bean brownies. Simply drain and rinse a can of black beans. Fill the can of beans back up with water (with the beans still in there- you're just filling in the gaps in the can). Purée the beans and water until smooth, then add to your brownie mix. Bake as directed. Just those two ingredients! I would think it has extra fiber because of the beans, but I haven't done the math yet. They are so yummy!
  • SunnySouth2013
    SunnySouth2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just take a standard Brownie mix (like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker) and mix it with a can of pumpkin (like Libby's) and bake according to the box instructions. I cut them into 8 brownies and it's around 30 calories a brownie. So good! You can do this with a cake mix as well to make muffins or cupcakes.

The standard brownie mix itself is 3400 calories plus the pumpkin is approx 110 for a 13 oz can. That makes each brownie over 400 cals.