New me!

Options
So I'm finally starting my new "lifestyle" in aim of losing weight! After a solid two years of putting on 2 stone (13 stone 8 was my heaviest), I just thought it was finally time to lose the weight for good.

My goal is to lose 40lbs hopefully by July. I know this is a challenging but achievable goal if I stick to it. My only problem is, is that I lack motivation. I could lose a couple of pounds and then think that I can eat what I want for the next couple days and then I end up at square one... AGAIN!

Does anyone have any tips and advice to do with motivation and in general, as this is my first proper diet and I'm aiming to do it right!

Replies

• sarahped702
    sarahped702 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you, I just started and have 30 lbs to lose!
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Real secret to weight loss.

Never Give Up

Yes very cliche I know lol
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I myself am looking to lose 30 pounds. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Looking to lose about 2 lbs per week, so in about a month I should be close!
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My best tips- patience, forgive yourself and if you mess up, get right back on track.
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well said
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Wel done :)
  • Marathon83
    Marathon83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'll add you!
  • brotherjake70
    brotherjake70 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think @FabianMommy hit it right on the head. Great advice. I will add you.
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just start logging your food and looking at what your eating! Before you know it you will be down a few lbs.
  • mentalali
    mentalali Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    just take it one day at a time....sometimes looking at the end goal seems huge, make each day a small goal, 'today i'm going to... (eat more fruit, drink more water, stick to my calories etc) :smile: log your food either using this app or writing it down in a diary. ask yourself why it is you want to lose weight then write it on some paper and stick it on the wall/refrigerator in the kitchen. good luck :smiley: xx
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So I'm finally starting my new "lifestyle" in aim of losing weight! After a solid two years of putting on 2 stone (13 stone 8 was my heaviest), I just thought it was finally time to lose the weight for good.

My goal is to lose 40lbs hopefully by July. I know this is a challenging but achievable goal if I stick to it. My only problem is, is that I lack motivation. I could lose a couple of pounds and then think that I can eat what I want for the next couple days and then I end up at square one... AGAIN!

Does anyone have any tips and advice to do with motivation and in general, as this is my first proper diet and I'm aiming to do it right!

Good tips already but I'll add in that while it's great to have a goal deadline (ie: July) remember this isn't a race. You want to lose 40 lbs, great! But maybe you won't get there until August or October... and that's ok! When I've fallen in the past I realize now it was because I had this deadline in my head and when I didn't get there I just gave up. I think approaching this as a long-term thing and understanding that there will be weeks you lose, weeks you plateau and weeks you gain a bit- as long as you look at the overall trend and focus on tracking every day and being consistent, you really can't fail.

And a great motivator is not only to track but to look back at your diary each week to see where you could have improved and what treats or food choices were really worth it. This helps me so much on weeks where the scale isn't cooperating and it's like a "ah-ha! ok, I went over for like 4 out of 7 days last week, and I really didn't need that evening snack or that choice I made for morning snack wasn't worth it at all and would have saved me like 200 calories."
  • LttleS81
    LttleS81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too! Not new to Calorie Counting but new to this app! I'm hoping it too will help me stay on track since documenting on your phone is so easy...after all we are all glued to our phones.

I too have 40+ lbs to lose. One day at a time!
  • James12315
    James12315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

In a very similar position as you, over 2 years I've gained nearly 3 stone. Now also trying to get back into shape. The only advice I can really offer is take it day by day and weigh yourself once per week. When you see the weight dropping your motivation will likely build back up. Best of luck with your diet anyway, July is a very realistic goal so remain consistant and you'll reach that goal.
  • amwanless12
    amwanless12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice and the motivation guys! I know it's only baby steps but I already can't wait to see results!
  • 29coffeelover
    29coffeelover Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • 29coffeelover
    29coffeelover Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please add me I need friends