New to this challenge

Options
I need motivation to eat better. I know how I just can't get myself to say "no" to junk food!

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Don't say no if you can fit it within your calories goal and you are getting your nutrients. That is probably the easiest way. Find something you can stick with for life, not something you will do for a couple of weeks and then give up on.

Good luck!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I understand that struggle. Add me if you need a friend!
  • susebee
    susebee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like that solution!!! ...to not say no if it fits in my calories! This one could work. Thanks @clobern80!
  • jpp3184
    jpp3184 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's tough. What is your weakness sweets or savories
  • Matthewpaver
    Matthewpaver Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You need to think of it more as a lifestyle change than a diet or programme where you can't have the occasional rubbish. No "diet" needed, just eat a balance of good foods with a bit of activity and aim to change your lifestyle for longer term results vs getting annoyed at yourself for having a bag of crisps or something. Just try to limit the jun of course. Takes time, and unfortunately a lot of people want quick fixes. It's taken me a year to lose 70lbs, but I've done it for long term change rather than the 20 other times I've tried and failed. Now I don't even think about junk and its really easy to say no when offered, but I only achieved it by thinking long term change.
  • susebee
    Options
    Sweets are my weakness! Ugh @jpp3184
  • PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my weakness is chocolate if its there i eat it oops but at last im working out so usually burn off the calories i trynot to keep junk food in the house
  • susebee
    Options
    I'm trying to change my mindset to lifestyle change and have even used words from advice I am receiving to talk to my friends who are having the same hurdles. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm finding myself check here daily for it. :)@clobern80 @Matthewpaver