I fear it all week.
And no matter the outcome;
I feel like it's never good enough.

Anybody else relate?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep.. just got scale yesterday and it was depressing, When I weighed myself I was two pounds MORE then what I guessed 10 days ago!! :( Makes me wonder.. did I not even loose anything yet or weigh even more then what I thought :/ Guess I will find out next Friday :P
  • KimberlyAbbas
    Options
    I fear it too...but I also look forward to it. :)

Just remember, any amount (big or small) that you lose is a step in the right direction. Good luck!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I dont like them, i always expect the worst, so it can only be better then expected
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The first couple of months no! Not one bit! The scales just kept on going in the right direction . Then it stopped ..........

I started to get weighed everyday and the direction it went picked my mood for the day. I know dread it cow I know I have hit a wall and so close to giving up
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    yes, but then i'll never know what ive lost if i dont get on that scale....its also exciting
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. But it fluctuates so much! By the time Monday comes around I've got half my hair ripped out.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I really dread weigh in day. I feel like no matter what I do, its not good enough. The last two weeks have been really hard. Just trying to stick to it is hard. It doesn't help when you go into a store and some tiny @$$ woman looks at you like "what's a fat b*tch like you looking at swimsuits for." Im sorry if that upsets slimmer women. I respect those who have worked to look that good and/or don't go out of their way to make others feel bad. Monday is my weigh in day and im hoping to actually have lost something. My scale keeps telling me im gaining weight dispite the fact that I have stayed under my limits for the, most part.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Nope... I don't fear it. I welcome it! I want to know how I'm doing... good or otherwise. And if I feel good I don't care what the scale says. I just figure my strength training is building muscle... which in turn will keep you from losing weight because the muscle gain and the fat loss balance each other out. I know my metabolism will be boosted and eventually will result in the weight loss I'm looking for.

Basically... I'm not in a hurry... I have a lot of years to reach that goal of mine. I don't feel the need to do it overnight. :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Nope... I don't fear it. I welcome it! I want to know how I'm doing... good or otherwise. And if I feel good I don't care what the scale says. I just figure my strength training is building muscle... which in turn will keep you from losing weight because the muscle gain and the fat loss balance each other out. I know my metabolism will be boosted and eventually will result in the weight loss I'm looking for.

Basically... I'm not in a hurry... I have a lot of years to reach that goal of mine. I don't feel the need to do it overnight. :)

Thank you!
    This made me feel better. [:
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Dread it. Dread, dread, DREAD it.

I weigh daily to keep track of the general trend. The last three weeks have shown me bouncing around and going nowhere, and this past week has me climbing back up to the weight I was at a month ago. I'm SO FRUSTRATED with this. I've lost 27" and gained three pounds. GAH.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm actually the complete opposite! I look forward to it! I always try to guess how much i'll lose!