Superbowl snacks

Options
Carbs galore last night. Can you counteract by eating no carbs for a day?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you limiting carbohydrates for medical reason? If not, there's no reason you should have to "counteract" the carbohydrates that you ate yesterday. Just get back on plan today.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ummm you can reduce CALORIES today to help compensate for yesterday.

carbs have nothing to do with it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It would be pretty hard to eat no carbs even for one day. Not sure what you could eat other than meat. But if you want to just eat meat today I doubt it would hurt you.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'd just move on from it and continue as planned.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Every day is my carbs galore. It just depends on how many calories you consume...
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

This.

You will not be perfect every single day (nor should you). Sometimes, a special occasion calls for going over your allotted calories. If you feel guilty, maybe add in an extra walk for a day or two this week. Otherwise, enjoy it and let it go. I ate a taco dip for dinner last night and it was great. Today I will drink my water to make sure I'm flushing some of the salt out of my system. Other than that, Superbowl Sunday, Thanksgiving, Easter, birthdays, etc, are not negotiable. I'll have a piece of cake (just not a huge one) or I'll have an extra helping of stuffing and enjoy it. Then its back to work the next day.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ugh and gaa!! I know what you mean. What yesterday taught me- you feel physically awful when you eat badly!! So why is it so hard NOT to eat badly! Yep, been there, done that. Lesson learned...until next time! lol

Now this week will be trying to get back on plan so I feel less toxic! Maybe an extra workout to help the detox process along.

The important thing is just not to let it ruin our ambition and persistence. Perspective is the key.

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    It would be pretty hard to eat no carbs even for one day. Not sure what you could eat other than meat. But if you want to just eat meat today I doubt it would hurt you.

I should be specific: I'm wondering if a very low carb day is a good response to eating too many carbs one day, still counting total calories.

(Low carb could include eggs, cheese, nuts, meats, oils, with a small amount of fruit and veg, still keeping total carb kcal percentage below 20%, for example.)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I should be specific: I'm wondering if a very low carb day is a good response to eating too many carbs one day, still counting total calories.

(Low carb could include eggs, cheese, nuts, meats, oils, with a small amount of fruit and veg, still keeping total carb kcal percentage below 20%, for example.)

Same answer...not unless you have some sort of medical reason to control carb consumption.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

^ This exactly. Chalk it up to a cheat day or cheat meal and move on.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Eating a high level of carbohydrates in one day isn't harmful. It doesn't require a "response."
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    id die if i ate no carbs

just move on as usual dont do anything crazy