One baby step at a time

Options
It's been 62 days for me. I have lost 21 pounds. Tomorrow is weigh in for me. This is the longest I have ever committed. I have been trying so hard with keeping the food in line that I have not gotten started with working out. My problem has always been when I combine the 2 I get "lost". How do I keep that from happening? It almost feels overwhelming for me.

Replies

• jcramer10
    jcramer10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations! Good luck tomorrow, I know you'll do amazingly. I'm exactly like you, I can't work out and eat well at the same time, it feels like I'm forcing myself to do something I don't want to and in the end I don't stick with it. I just started up with Slimgenics a little over a week ago and they focus only on food. Since weight loss is 80% eating better and 20% exercise. I just started eating better and I'm down 12lbs already. So good for sticking with that first! My suggestion for adding in exercise is doing something that doesn't feel like work or exercise. Going on a walk or hike, doing a Zumba class, snowboarding, etc. Whatever is minimal and not a kick you in the butt workout that will only discourage you. Hang in there and good luck! :)
  • COL55EUS
    COL55EUS Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This picture is where I want to be again at the end of the summer. You have really inspired me to get back at it. Its really had to get started again and again and again. I wish you much luck tomorrow I know you are gonna kill it.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    One step at a time. You can't run a marathon unless you first learn how to walk. I've been at this for 31 days now and have lost 14 lbs. w/o exercising. I have fibro and psoriatic arthritis that are flaring right now making it nearly impossible to exercise, but every day I keep trying. I do 5 min. at a time. If that's all I can do for the day well then at least I've done 5 min. Make it something fun, something you like to do that you can do without realizing your doing it. I love to roller skate, so for me that's not exercise. But it gets some cardio in. Hang in there and do what you can, when you can, you'll get to the point where it's automatic.
  • tbirk
    tbirk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Getting momentum is one of the hardest parts, so good for you for sticking with it. I hope you grow to enjoy exercise; that makes it so much better. Plus you get to eat more when you exercise. How great is that!? There are a lot of options out there - you just have to find what works for you! I like going on walks/jogs, taking spin or cycle classes at the gym, and yoga. A while back I joined just-for-fun volleyball league at work, which was a blast! Exercising with others is a good commitment device. Kayaking and biking are other great activities you can do alone or with friends. My mom does Zumba with her friend, and they love it!

Best of luck with your weight loss journey. :)
  • COL55EUS
    Options
    Day 4 and still going, I think for me its preparation, if I prepare my lunch and breakfast the night before I have no excuse to eat the things I should not. I also have been working out. Thank for all the motivation I actually think I can do this.
  • JenR1008
    JenR1008 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We call can do this. I have learned that I need to eat the same thing got breakfast, greek yogurt. that seems to keep me moving in the right direction. I need to start working out, so, kudos to you! WAY TO GO!!!
  • COL55EUS
    Options
    Fall from grace...well the damage is not to bad and I am right back on track today so lets just say that Thursday night was a cheat night for me, to be honest I did not enjoy it very much. And I have tracked it so I own it. Hope to be stronger on the weekend.
  • JenR1008
    Options
    I had that issue yesterday. I ate everything in sight. Today was weigh in. I am surprised that I lost. Just keep tracking. That is what I have been doing.
  • COL55EUS
    Options
    Well the weekend was a total disaster, I have tracked but don't hold out much hope for weigh in tomorrow. Back at the Gym today did a spin class and some weights so hope that spurs me on, the weekends are so tough with entertaining etc. (no excuses I know) will strive to move on yesterday is gone and tomorrow will be better.
  • JenR1008
    Options
    It happens. I started eating right right before Thanksgiving. I made it through the holiday season losing weight. You cannot punish yourself for a day or a weekend you enjoy yourself. just keep logging. that is what i did. I logged everything. Keep it up! :)