This might be a dumb question.....

Options
Ok but now i want to know..... someone told me that you also get rid of fat in your body when you pee. Sounds weird to me. They said that not only do you get rid of fat when you burn it but it it comes out when you pee. Like I said it sounds weird to me but is this person correct, partialy correct or just flat wrong?? lol

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hmm if it is ture, I think I will just start drinking 30 gals of water and never leave the bathroom..good thinkg I have a laptop.lol
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Think i just solved my question via livestrong.com

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35908-fat-expelled-body/

Whenever more calories are burned than consumed into your body (such as through diet or exercise), a calorie deficit is formed. Because the body still needs calories to provide energy for your body to operate, it turns to fat stores on your body. However, before these fat stores can be used, they must be broken down. Eventually, all that is left of your body fat is water and carbon dioxide. The water is excreted in your urine and sweat. The carbon dioxide is exhaled through your lungs.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/35908-fat-expelled-body/#ixzz1PhMZSVZm
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hmm if it is ture, I think I will just start drinking 30 gals of water and never leave the bathroom..good thinkg I have a laptop.lol

lol good one!!! but make sure you have a an extention cord for the plug!!! lol
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Wrong. When body fat (or any other energy source your body uses) is metabolized, it's a complicated process, but essentially it comes out in your breath (CO2). Urine is purely water and waste products (as is a bowel movement) - not "fat".
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    The only dumb question is one not asked :P As far as this one, I have never heard that before, I wish it was that easy though!! LoL
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    No, fat is not excreted through urine. But if you wee before weighing in, you can show up to around half a pound of a loss on the scale. <grin>
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    someone once told me about how if you take this particular diet pill, the fat you consume liquidizes and you have loose, yellow, oily stools. is that because you don't digest it right? just curious... i'm not considering it or anything, just curious haha...
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I remember researching this years ago and read somewhere that as fat breaks down ( through a long,drawn out process) it eventually is carried out when we breath! Hence the need of good ol' cardio to lose weight. If I am wrong please correct me!
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep! it "traps" about half the fat and prevents it from being absorbed by the body. Its called Ali.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    someone once told me about how if you take this particular diet pill, the fat you consume liquidizes and you have loose, yellow, oily stools. is that because you don't digest it right? just curious... i'm not considering it or anything, just curious haha...

That's Alli (or there's a prescription strength, can't recall the name of it right now). It basically prevents the body from absorbing some of the fat you eat (and yes, results in oily stools and other unpleasant side effects if you consume too much fat.) But that doesn't really have much to do with actual body fat, other than the fact that it pretty much forces you to eat more clean and, by default, eat less, so you have a caloric deficit, which means you lose weight.
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    Yeesh, sounds dangerous :laugh: