My Diet is Better than Yours - Show breakdown

Options
leighkay123
leighkay123 Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
This podcast took the episodes of the show My Diet is better than yours and broke them down, debunking some of the weird stuff the "experts" were making their people do and some good takeaways. I am going to start listening to this podcast more often!

[edited by MFP Moderator]

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do you have a vested interest in this podcast?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Very strange...
    I tried to send "her" a friendly FYI about the multiple posts in multiple fora not being allowed,
    and the system is saying the user doesn't exist. :confused:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    All 8 of her posts are spruiking this podcast, so I'm thinking she is just here to advertise.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I remembered the podcast name and tried to listen to it today. I liked it at first, but by 20 minutes through I was so tired of their rambling and then slamming the trainer Jennifer, I shut it off. Too bad, I could use more podcasts.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I remembered the podcast name and tried to listen to it today. I liked it at first, but by 20 minutes through I was so tired of their rambling and then slamming the trainer Jennifer, I shut it off. Too bad, I could use more podcasts.

Of all the ones to slam, Jennifer shouldn't have been one of them. The ones with the woo were the ones that were booted early on. I didn't listen to it but now I know not to waste my time.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    All Bunk!
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Well, they may have slammed others. I was listening to the podcast that started with the episode where Taj quit, so she's really the only one I heard their take on. Except that they thought Abel (or someone) should've benched Kurt for a knee injury. Which may be true, I don't know. I would think show doctors cleared him for everything he did.

The funny thing is most of the trainers' eating plans were pretty similar-- controlled portions, half-to-all plant based food, limited processed foods, etc. Which isn't surprising. The show just played up the more unique advice like plate colors, oil rubs, etc. I think even the paleo guy said eat 2/3 plant food by weight.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not interested this is just advertising .
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I liked this show, I thought the ideas of colors relating to health (like the blue plates and purple sheets) were very interesting. I hope they run it again.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    I liked it, too, Sarah.
  • leighkay123
    leighkay123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL - This is not my podcast :) I have been a personal trainer for years and ran across this podcast last year and it changed the way I approach health and fitness not just with my clients but also myself! I got so much value from this series I wanted to share it in the forums I regularly peruse.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I was hoping they would comment more on Kurt? the wild diet guy saying he ate 800-1000 calories/day. They just said he must have underestimated (he wasn't counting calories) but it did make me wonder how much they are actually eating. The show was entertainment, the podcast was okay. You aren't missing anything if you didn't see the show.