best protein powder

Options
I've recently been looking for affordable and good protein powders. Right now I'm using mus-l blast, but im looking for something better. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My top pics are Optimum Nutrition, Isopure and Quest
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the go to for quality versus affordability.
    Quest is delicious but you'd need to hunt for a good sale for the price to be similar to the normal BodyBuilding.com 5lb+5lb+2lb deal on Optimum Nutrition.
    BPI is nice, but again a little costlier.
    The nice thing about both Quest and BPI is you can buy single servings to try out.

I personally avoid buying store brands (Body Fortress I believe is Walmart, CVS and a few others have similar) without researching them first because a number of them been found to either lie about their protein content, or to have things like lead and arsenic in them.
  • cclar89
    cclar89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with the Isagenix meal replacement shakes. 24g of protein, 8g of fibre and soooo delicious and filling. They even have a 'pro' version with even more protein for people who hit the gym hard. Their shakes are Undenatured whey protein sourced from grass fed cows in New Zealand. Top quality stuff!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    NOW Sports Natural Unflavored Whey Isolate. Use Stevia, Blueberries to flavor to taste. :)
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    cclar89 wrote: »
    I am obsessed with the Isagenix meal replacement shakes. 24g of protein, 8g of fibre and soooo delicious and filling. They even have a 'pro' version with even more protein for people who hit the gym hard. Their shakes are Undenatured whey protein sourced from grass fed cows in New Zealand. Top quality stuff!

Nice sales pitch.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ump by Beverly was good. Currently on Gnc- one with 28 grams per scoop
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    get on bodybuilding.com and look at the ridiculous number of available options, many with user ratings
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I just get the huge canister of Designer Whey, vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. I try to find it on sale. http://www.puritan.com/designer-whey-brand-0151/whey-protein-french-vanilla-073406?scid=27834&cmp=gpl-_-DietandLifestyle-_-073406&CAWELAID=1782914176
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    It really is going to come down to personal taste. I like the Trutein Cinnabun flavour but to some it's way too sweet. I like it because it doesn't taste like artificial sweeteners, and I don't mind sweet. However, I don't like some of their other flavours, that others love. I would just keep trying until you find one you like.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    For years I have had protein shakes for breakfast and for years I have been looking for protein shakes that are loaded with junk sugar and artificial flavors and colors. I am also a vegetarian so it's just easier for me to get my needed protein grams in the morning to get me started. I ran across a protein shake that is called Orgain, created by a physician who had cancer who became so discouraged with all the junk that's added to protein shakes, that he and his wife who is a registered dietitian created their own protein shake product called or Orgain. It is organic and plant-based and 25 g of protein per serving and it's delicious. It comes in powder or in ready to drink and vanilla bean, chocolate, coffee, and strawberry. They are sweetened with organic Stevia. It is the best I've ever tried and I've been using protein powders for years. Just look on the Internet and it will take you to his site or it's available at many other places. I've gotten mine on eBay, Amazon, Vita Cost, or his actual site. My favorite flavor is vanilla bean, because I can add cocoa if I am in the mood for chocolate. The physician's cancer is now in remission now and he credits going all organic and his diet for keeping him cancer free. Try it. It is delicious, organic and super healthy and safe for your body.
    I love the ready to drink Orgain protein shakes do much that I always want to drink more than one do I stick to the powder. Orgain also comes in ready to drink for children. It is called Orgain Kids.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm using bodylogix whey and cellucor right now just straight whey. I was only using quest for the longest time( went through 12 tubs over the summer). But the Casein in it was beginning to clog my respritory system. Taste and texture wise quest is the best in my opinion though I will be laying off it for a while.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    For years I have had protein shakes for breakfast and for years I have been looking for protein shakes that are loaded with junk sugar and artificial flavors and colors. I am also a vegetarian so it's just easier for me to get my needed protein grams in the morning to get me started. I ran across a protein shake that is called Orgain, created by a physician who had cancer who became so discouraged with all the junk that's added to protein shakes, that he and his wife who is a registered dietitian created their own protein shake product called or Orgain. It is organic and plant-based and 25 g of protein per serving and it's delicious. It comes in powder or in ready to drink and vanilla bean, chocolate, coffee, and strawberry. They are sweetened with organic Stevia. It is the best I've ever tried and I've been using protein powders for years. Just look on the Internet and it will take you to his site or it's available at many other places. I've gotten mine on eBay, Amazon, Vita Cost, or his actual site. My favorite flavor is vanilla bean, because I can add cocoa if I am in the mood for chocolate. The physician's cancer is now in remission now and he credits going all organic and his diet for keeping him cancer free. Try it. It is delicious, organic and super healthy and safe for your body.
    I love the ready to drink Orgain protein shakes do much that I always want to drink more than one do I stick to the powder. Orgain also comes in ready to drink for children. It is called Orgain Kids.

So if it had all natural tobacco instead, that'd be better for preventing cancer?
    Heck, his drink comes in coffee flavor. Coffee naturally contains low levels of caffeic acid, which is designated a class 2B carcinogen by IARC.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I like natural factors, pea protein, orgain and MRM. I use vegetarian ones because I have sensitive to dairy. Also I prefer all natural flavors
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I typically use Trutien and Animal
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lol you're going to get a hundred different recommendations!
    I chose the above 3 brands because they actually taste like the flavour printed on the tub! I've tried a few that taste nothing like they're described :confounded:
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like Dymatize based on the taste. 25g protein in a scoop!
  • bcherniwchan445
    bcherniwchan445 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    cclar89 wrote: »

• bcherniwchan445
    bcherniwchan445 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with you !!! I will not live without these products !! They have changed my life completely and forever
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Quest Salted Caramel is my fav--make it with ice and unsweetened soy milk and it's sooooo close to ice cream!

I usually have Quest Choc/PB for breakfast.