Staying motivated without sabotaging myself

Options
hello! My name is Rachel and I'm looking for a person or a group to keep me motivated on a regular basis. I do really well for about a week and then have a moment where I completely sabotage my progress and I'm back to square one. I haven't been able to lose the last 10 pounds for about a year now and I keep getting disappointed. Hoping to gain some great motivators and at the same time I would love to keep others motivated too

Replies

• mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help. I struggle too, Especially on the weekends or when I eat out. Maybe we can help each other.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • ctzplace
    ctzplace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    rachel7579 wrote: »
    hello! My name is Rachel and I'm looking for a person or a group to keep me motivated on a regular basis. I do really well for about a week and then have a moment where I completely sabotage my progress and I'm back to square one. I haven't been able to lose the last 10 pounds for about a year now and I keep getting disappointed. Hoping to gain some great motivators and at the same time I would love to keep others motivated too

I soooo do this. I think what helped me is a recent change at my workout group. We set short term weekly goals and we get a star if we achieve our goal. I set my first goal as journal every day and drink more water. next week was to journal every day and lose 1 lb. I have a lot to lose so that was doable....it seems to help. I found a simple breathing technique that has helped me get to sleep lately which helps me feel better during the day.
    subtle changes can give you BIG results...hang in there and give yourself a new workout shirt or socks when you reach a monthly or weekly goal :) you have earned it!!
    you got this!!
  • rachel7579
    rachel7579 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That would be great! I struggle on the weekends as well