I feel guilty.

Options
monicagarcil18
monicagarcil18 Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I ate 3 slices of my birthday cake. I've been doing okay on my weight loss but, right now I feel like crap. How can I get pass it???

Replies

• momlb05
    momlb05 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on. It happens!! Just know that a slip today does not mean you've blown it together. If I could only bottle that "crap" feeling afterwards I'd do it less often myself. Everything we do is a learning experience, and tomorrow is a new day.
  • jsuh1993
    jsuh1993 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday!! Haha I could do Taco Bell 2x 12pack and not feel guilty on my birthday!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. It's your birthday, so don't let being indulgent for one day get you down.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is forgive yourself and move on. No, really. This is one of my favorite blogs about it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls?month=201208
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Feliz cumpleaños...is Spanish for "Log it and move on."
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    Thank you NCfitbit
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Eat less tomorrow. It's calorie cycling. No need to feel guilty.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @ncfitbit Thanks for sharing the link to that blog. Good info.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Same here! For my sister's birthday Saturday ☹️ but good advice above!
    Just move on! Hope you enjoyed your cake, it's only once a year!
    Drink water and "get right back on"!
    Happy Bday❣
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't having birthdays every week, I' sure it's fine
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    happy birthday! did you enjoy it? awesome. tomorrow is not your birthday. dont live in the past.....
  • slammie2218
    slammie2218 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a lot about body positivity and how that works with dieting. A major problem with diets to lose weight is that we're tempted to do "cheat days" and feel guilty after eating the foods we like the taste of but aren't healthy. That almost makes them into even more of a temptation I think. Sort of a forbidden fruit desire. Don't feel guilty. Living healthy isn't something you do for a little while and then stop when you hit goals. It's just a part of life. If you eat a lot of cake one day, just make sure that during the rest of the week you're feeding good nutrients to your body and staying active. You shouldn't feel guilty about eating, just be conscious of it, and move on.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    Best thing you can do is forgive yourself and move on. No, really. This is one of my favorite blogs about it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls?month=201208

Thank you for sharing this! This is awesome!
  • Hrt2God1
    Hrt2God1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have learned the lesson you needed to from this experience. If you over-indulge beyond what YOU believe is reasonable there will be an emotional consequence. It is a life lesson. We all learn them at various times. Leave the guilt, you have nothing to feel guilty over-this is how we all learn-keep the lesson. I hope you had a happy birthday and carry only the wonderful memories of the day with you. Congratulations on all your hard work.