Under Calories

Options
I have noticed that last couple days that I am burning close to my 1200 calories and ending up my day with -1000 odd calories???

For example here is todays...

Daily net calorie goal: 1,200+ calories burned: 1,098- calories consumed: 1,109Calories remaining: 1,189

We are supposed to end up at o? I should be adding more calories to equal 0?

So confused,
T :blushing:

Replies

• teresamc
    Options
    I have noticed that last couple days that I am burning close to my 1200 calories and ending up my day with -1000 odd calories???

For example here is todays...

Daily net calorie goal: 1,200+ calories burned: 1,098- calories consumed: 1,109Calories remaining: 1,189

We are supposed to end up at o? I should be adding more calories to equal 0?

So confused,
    T :blushing:
  • stormysmom
    Options
    Same thing is happening with me, Im confused to.
  • teresamc
    Options
    Ok Glad I am not alone...Maybe someone will straighten us out :smile:
  • Smiley1010
    Options
    Careful! You need to end with 0 calories! If you are burning that many (1100), you need to eat more! As in, 2400 a day. Read up.... I think the important posts are labeled newbies.

:smile:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Are you really exercising THAT much each day? (If so what are you doing!?!?! Apparently i need to do some of that too! :bigsmile: ) Maybe you are counting things as exercise that should be included in your lifestyle...?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    If the site sets you at 1200 & you burn an additional 1100 (holy junk, what kind of exercising do you do?!), you should be eating 2300 calories. The 1200 the site gives you is to lose x amt. of lbs/week with no exercising. The calories you burn exercising should be ate so your body can funciton well. Make sense? It is kind of hard to explain sometimes & some people disagree with eating exercise calories, but that's my take on it. Good luck!
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the calorie issue as well.
    For example this morning I did Levels 1-3 of the 30 day shred, 45 minutes of strength and yoga on the Wii Fit using weights, and then I walk to and from work (just under 45 minutes in total).
    I'm trying to up how much I eat but still end up with anywhere from 400-700 calories less than what it says I should be eating.
  • Turtle79
    Options
    I do about 30-45 minutes of cardio 5-6 x a week and my usual calorie burn in an given day is between 400-500 calories. Food is gas for our bodies, remember we can't function on empty
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    yeah I want to know how you're burning 1100 calories exercising and only eating 1200? you must be starving! is the weight falling off? I need to do your plan!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    yeah I want to know how you're burning 1100 calories exercising and only eating 1200? you must be starving! is the weight falling off? I need to do your plan!
    noooooooo ya don't!:noway: :wink: No fat is being burned...valuable muscle is being let go by eating less than we should. We all want to burn fat right? Not heart muscle and other vital organs.

Fuel in our car keeps the car traveling....fuel in bodies keeps us moving and healthy. Very important to refuel our bodies when we burn up the fuel. Really it's as simple as that.

Can we drive a car on empty? Nope...just as we can't truly function in a healthy safe manner if we don't keep our bodies fueled up with healthy choices.

Try some high density foods... almonds, PB, milk, things like that will help boost your cals and you may feel fine today and be dropping lbs. like I don't know what...but it will come to bite you in the BUTT!! Seriously listen to those of us that have been around the block. I know so many folks come on here and want to quickly take off all the extra pounds but we didn't gain them all over night right?

Strength training is a great way to get toned but not eating is not gonna get a person toned...but unhealthy.

Just sharing the truth that so many of have learned over time..... I hope those of you not eating your daily allotted cals here on MFP reconsider.... it's vital to our health!!:noway: :drinker: :ohwell:

FC:heart:
  • teresamc
    Options
    Well I do one hour cardio in the morning with my unit, I walk my dog 3km every night then go to aerobics class for one hour. I do take Sunday off to rest though :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So those 3 sets of exercise burn 1100 cals for you? ...yep! Eat 'em up every day you burn 'em!
  • teresamc
    Options
    Thank you very much for explaining that!! Looks like I have some adjusting to do! I was far from starving myself intentionally I was just confused. I appreciate you clarifying this without making me feel like an idiot!! :cry:
  • teresamc
    Options
    K so thats three of us.. we are not alone...lol :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, you aren't an idiot! It can be confusing & a little hard to explain. If I saw 2300 calories, I'd be shocked, too! LOL Good for you, though! That's a lot of good exercise!
  • teresamc
    Options
    Oh, you aren't an idiot! It can be confusing & a little hard to explain. If I saw 2300 calories, I'd be shocked, too! LOL Good for you, though! That's a lot of good exercise!

Guess tommorow is going to be a whole NEW meal plan!! Woot Woot!!