On days that you exercise

Options
Do you eat more, less or the same (without TRYING to eat that way)...?? I noticed that on days I exercise I tend to eat a lot less than days that I dont - meaning I HAVE to eat after i'm done or I haven't had enough fr the day. I guess that kinda proves I am a bored eater huh??

I guess I should re-word that - are you more hungry or less hungry or the same LOL.... of course a lot of us eat our calories back but what I meant is like do you tend to want to eat more or less etc. :)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I eat about the same.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i am STARVING after a hard work out. I eat more on days i work out, and less on days i dont work out.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    When I exercise it seems like I'm not that hungry that day.. Kinda like I am forcing myself to eat just to get my calories in...
  • StarrDanos
    Options
    I tend to be less hungry on the days I work out real hard. Especially right after!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I find myself to be more hungry..
    Until I do my ab workout :D Haha!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    the more i exercise the less hungry i am... and the less i actually do eat....
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I tend to usually be less hungry/eat less as well on days when i exercise!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    My appetite doesn't vary too much depending upon exercise. I do eat more on days that I exercise, but only to fuel myself, not necessarily b/c I'm hungrier.

My intake varies more depending upon whether or not I'm eating out with friends, what time of the month it is, whether hubby has the day off, etc.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm more hungry on days that i do exercise- so i eat more.
  • vixmonsta
    vixmonsta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As i try to plan what i eat in advance i eat the same as i would on a day with no real exercise in it.... I don't feel hungry after my zumba classes as i think i've eaten what i should've during the day.

Vix
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I find I'm hungrier the day after a huge calorie burn. So, I usually save some exercise calories for the next day.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I find it depends on my workout for the day. If I'm running 3-5 miles or on the elliptical for an hour, I'm STARVING. If I just do Jillian or go for a walk, I don't notice a difference.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    usually a bit more
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am usually hungrier on exercise days and definitely tend to eat more!
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It depends, but I'm usually more hungry on those days. Like yesterday, I had a 5+ miles run, and if I didn't eat most of those back my body would feel horrible for the rest of the day. Lighter workouts, sometimes I can't tell.
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I typically eat about the same or slightly less on my exercise days. Exercise actually curbs my appetite.

The biggest difference for me being hungry is if I eat a lot of carbs without much protein. I just burn through the carbs and am starving all day. If I eat a bit of protein along with the carbs I do much better.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Depends. Usually more.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    If I've done cardio at the gym or took the dog a long walk I find Im not really hungry but the day after I have a very hungry day. But I find if I've done weights at the gym I'm starving right away! Sometimes having to stop the workout to go get food!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I swim for an hour straight everyday and then do 30 mins of water calisthenics and right after my workout I am starving. I can literally feel when my body is running on empty. Its like I swam off all my energy. I try to time my workouts so it is lunch time when I get home. Then I load up on healthy food and proteins. But on days I also walk, I find I am not hungry after walking or jogging...
  • Comfortableme
    Comfortableme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have been going to the gym three days a week for the past month after work. I find that I am not hungry when I get home and really don't want to eat.