Small victory this morning!

Options
Finally seeing the number 13 on the scales after being 14 stone something for so long.

ONLY JUST under 14 at 13.13, but celebrating a 10lb total loss nether the less!

It's been a slow loss, so hoping the spin classes, walking and weight training I've been doing have meant some muscle gain.

Any tips for that dreaded eventual plateaux greatly appreciated! Also happy for any nutrition peeps out there to eye up my food diary and give me any pointers. Thanks!

Replies

• hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Congratulations 10lb is an amazing loss, keep up the good work you are doing.
  • Johnsjean
    Johnsjean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!!

In terms of avoiding the plateau, I've always managed to avoid that during weight loss. I doubt this is scientific, but what works for me is having a decently high fibre breakfast consistently and a daily workout of min 25 mins.

I found through trial and error that my body didn't like the "3 days a week and thrash it to death" workout cycle. It wants a workout each day.

The breakfast thing is totally random. I actually notice a slow down if I take my high fibre breakfast away for a week, especially if I switch to fatty or carbs foods with zero fibre. I expect it's an individual thing?
  • 29coffeelover
    29coffeelover Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats !! Good for you keep it up!
  • charlesV9Kw7463
    charlesV9Kw7463 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

And BunnyBomb- I think it's probably a personal thing, but interesting that a small work out everyday made more of an impact than 3 biggies. Probably just trial and error, we'll see!
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was over 14 stone as well in January and just moved under 13 stone in Feb. At least two stone to go before I feel comfortable but those 10 - 11 pounds I have lost have made a difference. You should also measure if the weight is coming off slowly on the scale. I found that I am losing more fat and gaining muscle which means the scale might be discouraging.

Have changed from 44" to 41.4" hip measurement in 5 week so that is almost 2 dress sizes! The tape does not lie!

I also agree with daily workouts instead of 3 a week...I am following the LDNM bikini guide and walking a lot too.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

And BunnyBomb- I think it's probably a personal thing, but interesting that a small work out everyday made more of an impact than 3 biggies. Probably just trial and error, we'll see!

Yeah I agree, just see how you go I guess. Hopefully you don't get a plateau anyway.

I should have said, if I do only 25 mins for a day I make sure it's some for of HIIT, otherwise I do a 30-40 min cardio with around 20% in the peak zone. No idea why it works but it does...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!