Advice on eating habits?

Options
Someone said my diary was "awful".
And that the way i eat is disordered...
Can I get anyone's opinion?
I don't starve myself btw. I just get full easily. Yesterday I couldn't even finish a donut... So take that into consideration.
And I go to the gym every morning, I do 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weight lifting. After I have a protein shake and eat only when I'm hungry. I haven't gone this past week because I was letting my new tattoo heal. Any way my diary is open and accurate... Except for Saturday I forgot to put the rest of the beers I had lol but other than that, that's what I eat. I don't go by any diet I just eat. So sorry if its "awful" or anything... But honest opinions help. Thanks

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It's because you are generally eating less than 1000 cals and working out. Not safe for a guy.

Short term consequences: hair loss, fatigue, inability to concentrate, fast loss which includes muscle lost, decreased strength, etc.

Longer term consequences: muscle wastage (including the heart), passing out, seizures, loss of sex drive, decreased bone density, increased frequency of illness (poor immune functioning), etc.

You may not get any of these, but you might have them all and many more.

See a registered dietician to help find a better balance. You want to stay healthy through your life? Better balance. It's within your control.
  • tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would not nec. call it disordered but it does look like that most of the foods you eat are take out. Also I'm curious, are you trying to loose weight, add muscle.. or just get an opinion on the type of foods you eat. If its just opinion on foods. I would suggest less take out, and also.. it's well known that having less than 1200 cals a day unless under doctor supervision is not healthy. It doesn't give your body enough nutrients to use, especially if your exorcising as well.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough to sustain a small child, let alone a grown man. There is no way you're getting enough calories OR micronutrients. You should really talk to your physician and a nutritionist and see what advice they have before you seriously damage your body and health.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    not healthy at all what you are doing. what are you trying to do, lose weight, gain, build muscle? maybe try to switch up what you eating, include more whole foods, grain/plant base, see if that helps.
  • andygvr96
    andygvr96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well is that a sure thing? The consequences? Because I haven't had any of those. My sex drive is actually better since I'm feeling better about myself. My strength has gone up since I started with 15 lbs and now at 25 lbs. I find myself doing a lot of work in class now. My hair is pretty thick. And the only time I'm fatigued is when I'm high(cotton mouth)
  • andygvr96
    Options
    I'm just trying to get to how I used to be. I was 150 lbs a couple years ago and pretty fit too. I was always in the gym.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    andygvr96 wrote: »
    Well is that a sure thing? The consequences? Because I haven't had any of those. My sex drive is actually better since I'm feeling better about myself. My strength has gone up since I started with 15 lbs and now at 25 lbs. I find myself doing a lot of work in class now. My hair is pretty thick. And the only time I'm fatigued is when I'm high(cotton mouth)

How long have you been doing this for? The outcomes may not happen, you may be fine for a few weeks and find one morning you wake up and it takes every bit of your strength to get out of bed. When people hit that level of fatigue, it can take months to bounce back from it. The seizures, a friend of mine have from being too low cal for too long. The reality is that no one can really predict, and you may be fine until suddenly one day you aren't. Your choice whether or not to take it, but it seems like a high price to pay for something you can accomplish with reasonable calorie targets.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    andygvr96 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to get to how I used to be. I was 150 lbs a couple years ago and pretty fit too. I was always in the gym.

That's a great goal! How you get there is what you need to look at. How tall are you and how much do you currently weight? What are the living circumstances? Are you able to cook more at home? What about fruits and vegetables?
  • andygvr96
    Options
    Wow. That sounds bad. I don't want that. I started on the first Monday of January. I weighed 158 lbs then and I'm at 140 now. My next weigh in is Friday. I just started this app a week ago and was happy that I was always under the calorie goal because that's how I ate before this app. But when I got other peoples input I started second guessing how I ate. But I know for a fact I'm not starving myself
  • andygvr96
    Options
    Sorry lol 258 and 240 lbs haha
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    You don't think you're starving yourself. From what I saw in your diary, I doubt you are obtaining enough nutritionally valuable foods to support the work you are trying to do. You won't like the outcome. Honestly, see if you can get an appointment with a registered dietician. Print out your logged entries from here. They should be able to help you work in some of your favorites and help you learn some better balance to add in nutritionally helpful foods. Sounds like you haven't had any negative outcomes yet, I hope you get it sorted before you do. Best of luck.