Any bridesmaids? Or slimming down for an event?

Options
I'm going to a wedding in August. I'm terribly excited of course, very happy for the lovely people involved. The thing is, they've rented somewhere terribly picturesque, and I'd rather like to get in shape before the event.

Anybody else slimming down for an event?

Replies

• diane_croft
    diane_croft Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to my brother in laws wedding in July overseas so I really would like to be looking good however in saying that my main focus on loosing weight is to finally get healthy, fit and keep it off even after the wedding
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm slimming down for a friend's wedding in August too! I tried dresses on over early January and felt horrible in everything so my aim is to lose slowly and go dress shopping April/may time
  • avonarlene86
    avonarlene86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm slimming for my wedding next year! Deposit is paid on my dress and I go back in november to get measured and order it, so need to be at my ideal weight by then xx
  • icequeen120
    icequeen120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm joint maid of honour for my to be sister-in-law's wedding in October and we have to order the dresses soon but I'm still about 50 pounds from goal. Worrying slightly about alterations if I mange to lose as much as I want but I also want to be as close to goal as possible for the big day! :smiley:
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My sister was planning to get married this summer but it looks like she won't get the location she wants, so I've got more time to slim down. My family and my brother-in-law to be are very fit people and I'd feel like I'm spoiling the pictures if I looked the way I look now. My sister would be very unhappy if she knew I felt this way but since weight loss isn't just for looks but health, she will never know ;-) And I'll hopefully look nice in the pictures.

Also, I'm turning 30 this summer and really wouldn't mind looking good for that, too.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No wedding, but I do have a high school reunion in 7 months. And a cruise to Alaska in a year and a half. I want to be thinner for life in general. I'm really happy that I am on my way to making that happen.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My brother in law is getting married the beginning of May. I'm trying to lose 2pbs a week until then.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I would be doing the same thing I'm doing now even if I were not planning for an event. But, I am a bridesmaid in August and I'm using that as my main motivator and timeline indicator.

I got married last April and failed to hit my goals for my own wedding (although I did lose some weight), so I got a little depressed and slipped into bad habits after that, so this is my second chance, I guess. Although, after getting so depressed about not hitting my goals for my own wedding, I am not getting my hope up TOO much for August. Even if I don't hit my goal of 145 by then, I will continue to keep on trucking!
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm joint maid of honour for my to be sister-in-law's wedding in October and we have to order the dresses soon but I'm still about 50 pounds from goal. Worrying slightly about alterations if I mange to lose as much as I want but I also want to be as close to goal as possible for the big day! :smiley:

I already ordered my bridesmaid dress for the wedding I'm part of in August. The ladies at the shop told me not to worry too much, as it's a simple strapless gown. But, I've already lost 10 lbs since ordering and on track to lose at least 15 more, so I am a bit worried too!
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Not a wedding, but I will be meeting my boyfriend's parents and brother in August. I'm working hard to look my best! I don't have a specific goal loss goal in mind, just to track everything I eat and get in my 10,000 steps each day.
  • ZijCosic
    ZijCosic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im gonna be a Bridesmaid in October and expecting to get engaged myself in December so both occassions where id love to look good in the pictures!
  • katkiv22
    katkiv22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes- summer! Hello short shorts and swim suits. Does that count? :)
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Normally I would say that i'm "slimming down for life"... BUT I do have a cruise coming up in 34 days that is really motivating me right now - especially since once i'm on that boat calorie counting is going overboard! The extra motivation has been really helpful, I should have more holidays more often!
  • jflanaganasl
    jflanaganasl Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm a bride! My wedding is in May and my Maui honeymoon is in July, so this last month I have gotten SERIOUS!
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Aside for health reasons, my sister is getting married in November and my 15th high school reunion. Oh, and 2 of my ex's will be invited to the wedding. I've got to buckle down and get to work :smile:
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight for anything specific but I'm in my sister's wedding in June. I got my bridesmaid dress in August and it was a size 12, and that was after losing a lot of weight already. Tried it on this weekend and it was way too big! I tried on my other sister's bridesmaid dress, same dress except hers is a size 8, and it fit perfectly. That was a good feeling!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Yup, I really got motivated to get off the last 20lbs because of a cuba trip, but the result is that my bridsmaid dress is now a size too big and I am still shrinking. Oh well, I either pay for alterations or wait and see if the dress will go on clearance and purchase a size or two smaller. I have been working on weight for years so there is no way I will slow it down when I am almost at goal!!
  • ravanhorn
    ravanhorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am not going to an event per say, but going to the beach. I went last year and hated being in a suit at the pool and beach. I did not want to wear shorts, and I'm not going to be that person this year. I read a quote I am remembering when I don't want to exercise... "This summer you can be fit or you can be jealous." I have logged for one week straight and I've been exercising since January. I'm aiming for June. Only four months, but here we go!
  • allyheidi
    allyheidi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in late July! Hoping to lose around 20 pounds till then...I'm going to be 20 in June so if I could lose 20 by 20, that would be great too! :smile:
  • moranjmmj
    moranjmmj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Getting together with some Canadian friends for a stagette/bridal shower in Vegas in June and could stand to lose about 70lbs in general but goal is around 35 by June. I would love to lose more but I am setting goals that I can reach.